Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who has purchased parts from FATKIDSCARS in classifieds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragnut, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Updated title- has anybody bought a part from Larry?
    Wondering if you were able to complete the deal or not.

Hello all. I'm trying to reach Larry- FATKIDSCARS here on the HAMB to complete a deal we got started. I'm hoping there are some HAMBERS near him in Iowa who know him and would be able to contact him and let him know I'm trying to finish the deal and/or facilitate a parts hand off.
    Here's a short backstory:
    I was searching for stuff in the Hamb classifieds and came across a parts for sale post of Larry's. I noticed lots of cars and parts in the background of the shots and asked if he had a below decklid panel for a 32.
    He got back to me and said he did and sent me a photo of one that he had. We went back and forth messaging and both agreed on a price. We messaged a bit more and he said, " he would hold the panel, that its mine". He told me that he was busy with his day job
    and shipping other parts he had sold. I said no problem, and that I was happy he gave me his word that he would hold it for me. I let him know I could have a friend who lived about an hour away meet him and pay him cash and avoid the hassle of packing and shipping.
    I haven't heard from him since although I send messages through the various ways I can.
    Now I'm just trying to figure out HOW to get the panel from Larry and complete the deal as I can use the panel for my project.
    I did notice he is selling parts and cars in the classifieds pretty regularly and am wondering if those transactions for others went smoothly. I also thought IF anybody who is buying a larger ticket part or car and still hasn't picked it up yet, they could connect with me and grab MY part while grabbing theirs.
    Feel free to contact me thru Hamb private message if you are able to help me out or have some insight
    on contacting Larry.
    Here are the #'s and emails I've been using:
    Larry: Cell Moderator Deleted
    Larry's brother Mike cell: Moderator Deleted
    Private messaging thru the HAMB
    and his email: Moderator Deleted

Thanks,
    Deron
    Burbank Choppers

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2020
    Baumi and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have sold him a few bodies years ago and he was right there on time to pick up the bodies and pay cash. Since then I have tried to contact him repeatedly about some parts but to date have gotten no response. I found the parts elsewhere so no longer need to contact him. I can't imagine he wont's respond about a part he's sold?????????????

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

4. I agree Krylon, I get he’s busy, but I’ve never had such a hard time GIVING someone money!
    Hopefully it all works out as I could use the panel.
    Deron

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

stillrunners likes this.

5. Still trying to reach Larry or anyone who has purchased something from him lately. Also looking for an Iowa HAMBER who lives near Larry and could facilitate a relay for me. He is in Crescent, Iowa.
    Gotta be someone who lives nearby. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!
    D

6. Still trying to get ahold of Larry.
    Anybody reading this know him?
    Thanks for any help.
    D

7. mkubacak

mkubacak

1933_willys_77 likes this.
  8. Maybe he forgot he promised it to you and sold it? Could feel a bit embarrassed and trying to avoid you, or possibly looking for another part to sell you?

your putting up a dang good fight to get noticed , hard to believe he haven’t noticed!

unless he’s just that busy right now.

good luck getting in contact with him.

9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You can't force a guy to sell you anything.
    I Private Messaged you previously about that.
    Maybe he changed his mind.
    Suggest just letting things be.
    If it was meant to be - it will be.

**** LARRY IF YOU SEE THIS AND CHANGED YOUR MIND SELLING IT - PLEASE SEND DERON A PRIVATE MESSAGE TELLING HIM THAT.
    I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

Thanks,

10. I would delete the phone numbers and email account too. I know I’m not selling stuff and maybe he is ok with it but I’d be pissed if someone posted mine on the web.

11. Larry just sent me a PM. He said he would dig out the panel when he gets back from his travels.
    Looks like he’s trying to make good on the deal. Life happens, and I get it.
    Thanks Corncob.
    Deron

wraymen likes this.
  12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Yep- thanks.
    Missed that - took care of it.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  13. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

I've bought parts from Larry before and had 0 problems. He's likely just gotten a little behind.

14. D2F9E74A-C043-412A-9416-F12BCF72AAA3.gif

I know your doing your job, and you and the mods do a fantastic job with all you do.

but what you just wrote and the tone of it all’s I can picture is my mom beating me with a slipper and yelling at me !!!!!!

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Naaaa.
    I don’t yell.
    I make suggestions.
    And on to another post or Email or a Report.
    And enjoy reading in between.

VANDENPLAS likes this.