Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrysler Flathead Air Compressor

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by B Ramsey, Nov 12, 2020.

1. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

Needed some parts for a flathead 6 im putting together. found this at a scrap yard. has everything I need, its too cool to bust apart though. No idea on condition, but it turns over. its a 25 incher. gas in tank smells like Pic-A-Part when I was a kid. Might need to bottle some, LoL.

Attached Files:

2. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

so today I pulled the flywheel cover and spark plugs. poured MMO in the holes. worked it with a prybar on the flywheel to get it to turn it all the way over. jumped it with cables and it cranks easily. I can feel compression with my finger. pulled the side covers to check for stuck valves, all good. Apparently they pulled out the valves and lifters on the back three cylinders when converting to compressor! took the carb off, disassembled and soaking.

grumpy32 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  3. rusty valley

rusty valley

good score. lucky that its a common motor instead of a brand X thing like mine, a very similar looking unit, a 4cyl Leroi. still runs, but seldom gets used

4. grumpy32

grumpy32
    from Australia

5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Very kool, I wonder what a three cylinder sounds like?