Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Chevy rear seat question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by worthop, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worthop

worthop

I have a '54 Bel Air, is the rear seat bottom supposed to bolt down? or just fit into place? it doesn't seem too secure....Thanks for any input

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

The seat back is held on with bolts and the bottom snaps into place if I recall correctly. If I am wrong you will see 2 spots at the bottom front where the bolts go.

With the seat back in place you really have to push it to snap it into position. Never seen one move or come loose .

3. KenCrete

KenCrete
    from Milwaukee

No bolts, keep alot of pressure down as you shove it back. You should hear it kinda pop into place. Mine is kind of a pain in tha arse. Hope this helps. -Kenny

4. Put seat in place, push hard. it will drop behind the holding brackets at the front of the seat cushion on the floor.

5. Lay the front lazy back over. Crawl in the car and push hard on the seat. Position yourself the use a knee strike on the edge just at the curve on the cushion. No I could not do it today but did in my younger days. Forgot to say move the front seat all the way forward.

6. worthop

worthop

seat back goes in first?

7. Yes, seat cushion slides under seat back. It take a big push to get it locked in, I try to position myself facing the cushion on my knees and bump push with my thighs.

8. the seat back is held in with 2 bend over clips on bottom
    then move on to the other instructions above

9. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry , but you are way off!

10. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WTF are you guys talking about , I have a problem as I bought recovered seats from some ASSHOLE from North Carolina ( new recovered s2 Dr. Sedan seats).Met the guy in NC of I-95 , seats look great , recover , seats DO NOT MOUNT IN CAR !!?? Nubs don't fit where they are supposed to ,so...... WTF do you do now after giving $900 to the POS from NC . HOW THE F am I gonna have a interior !!?? I take 2 steps forward & 6 steps back with this car . AS ANYONE WANT TO TRADE LET ME KNOW , I GOT ALOT OF $SS IN IT ,BUT WANT LITTLE BACK like coupes 29,30,31,35,36 Ford's

11. Can you post us a picture at two. ??

12. BJR

BJR

No he is right on. That's how it fits. Most 50's GM cars back seats work this way, 2 bolts at the bottom of the back cushion, and the bottom cushion is forced under the seat back and drops into place with a lot of force.

13. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for reply , My 54' sedan rear seat floor has (2) nub holes ( one on each side). The Seat I purchased from NC ( who said seats were for 2 Dr. Sedan) . I had recovered & nubs DO NOT FIT AT ALL!! SO WTF do I have & spent $$$ to recover only to find they don't fit , I AM FUCKING PISSED !!!! WTF , old guy too with his wife , nice guy sticking it up my asses , not happy

14. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The 1954 Chevy sedan front seat have a bolt on bracket which you slip seat feet into , then the front seat have a saddle like mount . My problem is the Rear . Purchased a set of seats from some A hole from Hamb who said they were for sedan . Well rear seat nubs NOTTING in sedan floor nub holes ( meaning bullshit sale )!!!!

15. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May just do a FU 1953 GAMBINO , no rear seat , delete that shit !!

16. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Take a breath. Maybe from a 4 door. Pictures would help a lot. I have 2 sets both are out of car , I could compare with yours.

17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

How about I close this until things calm down.... I'm a patient guy.
    Either that I'll just delete the posts.......

Let me know.

Thanks

Sandgroper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.