Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What year did it change?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 10, 2020.

1. colin455

colin455
    from Alberta

I have a ‘68. It’s dual badged both Chevy II and Nova. And a giant PIA to get parts for. Lots of ‘68 only parts. Buckets, seat mounts, steering column, heater controls, front fenders and market lights(smaller), door panels(cranks are 1” out from 69-74), some chrome trim, clutch/brake pedals, ... and that’s just what I’ve found so far. Oil pan is notched for rear steer cross member. Center console was 1year I believe. I got lucky on a set of buckets and the seller realized what they were and tried to back out of the deal.

2. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

I owned a 62 Chevy II with a 153 and a 3sp on the column. It was a 2 dr sedan. I got it from the second owner, a girl who worked with my girlfriend. The first owner was "a little old lady". I got the car in '74 with about 40k miles.
    The body was pretty good except for the rusted out driver's floor. I fixed that with sheet medal.
    The girl's father had broken off the outside boss on the block to mount the starter. I swapped the bellhousing for one from a '55 chevy. The column shift would not clear that bell so I HAD to get a floor shift. I also had to swap in a crossmember from a 6 cyl as the 4 cyl had a crossmember mounted where the floor shifter mounted. Once I got the car on the road I revved it higher than the 2 previous owners and broke the ring lands on all the pistons when the rings hit the ridges in the cylinders. I rebuilt the engine with 283 pistons I had saved from a cracked block.
    It was one of the best cars I've owned. I had gotten the car for free in '74 and sold it for $500 in '76.

3. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

That is not correct, nova means the same thing in english and spanish, the thing that got this started is the 2 words, "no va" is spanish for no go, but that doesn't stop people from spreading this around

4. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the late 1970s the car to beat street racing in Cedar Rapids Iowa was the 1962 Chevy II "Weekend Warrior II". And the same owner is still cruisin' and racin' the streets today! The black and white photo is from 1978 or 1979. The color photo is from the summer of 2020.

ww II.jpg

72yenkonova likes this.