Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Southeast TN 51 shoebox build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kage, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Great build!! You had me all the way 'til the suicide doors:(. I'll keep watching.

2. RealOG

RealOG
    from FRANCE

Very impressive
    The chop Is perfect and the front fender lips aswell
    I’ll keep watching

loudbang and Kage like this.
  3. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

It's been a while since I have posted an update...but i have been making progress on the 51. I've rounded the hood corners. Made my own Merc style grill surround. And made my own custom grill. Rounded the door and deck lid corners. Made the front clip one piece. Molded in the rear valence. The frame has been cleaned and painted and everything welded up. Made a watts link for the rear suspension. I've got the trunk floor painted top and bottom. Made my own headers. Installed the volvo 160 steering box. Made my own drop steering arms. I've got my air management system partially installed. Made a body dolly to make life easier while I do body work. I took a Kaiser over-rider and made my own chrome bullets out of a set of 54 merc dagmars. Then ran my exhaust through it. I still have to metal finish it and send it off for chrome.

Next I'm going to be sandblasting the bottom of the original floor that is left In the car along with the firewall so I can get them painted and ready to reinstall the body on the frame. The firewall is going to get painted white. I already painted my dash...she paint is house of colors Memphis Blues. My gauge cluster was rebuilt by a good friend of my, Jason Lee Wilson over at Dixieland speed Co.
    Working on a set of Merc skirts that I am going to make flush mount.

I am going to start posting more often again and keep you guys updated. The plan is road worth by the end of Summer next year.

Attached Files:

4. Looks killer! Lots of progress!

Kage likes this.
  5. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Great progress! Gauge cluster looks great with the blue and the chrome bullet!!

Kage likes this.