Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pat Foster 1940-2008

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ProEnfo, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Pat was always really cool to me, my dad, and Mike whitney when we crewed on the Jade and the Mogoose. Hell of a guy.

You will be missed.

Joshua Shaw.
    Cin Oh

2. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Sorry to hear the sad news Cole:(
    blessing to you and your family and hope you guys are doing well.
    His legacy will live on in many hearts!
    Grace and Peace,
    CAB

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Lost1

Lost1

4. Tony

Tony

What a loss..very sorry for hear this.
    My condolences to The Foster family and friends.
    R.I.P.

Tony

5. FuelFC

FuelFC

Jesus. Cole and family my deepest. My thanks and it was an extreme honor and pleasure Pat.

dafuck and a period...RIP.

6. poorboy

poorboy

my condolences

7. terrafirma66

terrafirma66
    from tampa fla

when ever one of the great ones leave us your sure know it there is just a vacuum that gets created... love and blessings for Cole and his family..we will say prayers for ya'll tonight.

8. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

to cole and your entire family:,,so sorry to hear about your dad,,my dad passed away several years ago,,,,it's because of him i am so into kustoms,,,not a day goes by when i don't wish he was still here to see the progress on the cars i build,,it hurts, but when you remember the good memories he has given you, it makes you feel thankful for the time you did have with him,,,,,god bless you and your family..

9. Our condolences.
    R.I.P.

10. How fortunate to leave this place on your own terms(for the most part - I'm sure he'd want to live longer). Callin' your own shots. My old man wasn't as lucky. Pat's quite a man judging from reading the tribute page and I'm sure it doesn't do justice like pictures of the dragsters he restored - just a snapshot.

My condolences to you, Cole and your family.

Take good care,

11. cole

cole

Hey, Thanks for all the Words, support, My Pop said to thank you all too.

Its been a hard go , But if you have to say goodbye to someone its nice to get some time with them , and against odds dad made that happen.

He took care of all of us with his final words , from my brothers, X wives,lovers, family and a amazing group of friends , He really said Its been one hell of a fun life, no regrets, been there and done everything I ever dreamed of.

hard act to follow.

Our hot rod /drag family was so strong, There's not better people on the planet or in heaven.

There was phone calls from the first day and an army of friends sitting on green ready to go at all times, from Armsrong to Youngblood and everyone in between called ,wrote donated ,visited and it never slowed up.

My dad and I shared a lot in our life, but the greatest thing is our friends or really our other family (HotRods) , other members of the Foster's Knew Pat and Cole where into car's....... but had no Idea what Friendship's and brotherhood it has brought to us.

Thanks again, everyone has been unreal, Im proud to be "Pats kid " and to be a " Hot rodder"

Love and peace- Cole Foster

12. Hey guys...just wanted you all to know I've purchased the Billy Lynch dragster and Mr. Ed's trailer and am bringing it out west to California. My dad and Billy raced in the 60's and were life-long friends.

This dragster now stands as Pat Foster's final work of art in metal...

I have lusted after this car for many years and in the end, the opportunity to bring it here and reunite her with Ingenue became futile...both cars Candy Apple Red with Gold Leaf lettering, both cars say "Brooklyn" on them, my birthplace.

Cole lives about 20 minutes from me and has never seen the car...it is my hope that we can someday cackle the car with him in the seat, wearing dad's helmet.
    lynch foster a.jpg
    lynch foster c.jpg
    lynch foster g.jpg
    lynch foster i.jpg
    lynch foster j.jpg
    lynch foster mr eds.jpg
    I never would have guessed that when I snapped this picture in NC in 2010 that these two cars would be reunited under one roof at my home...Never!

Dream Big...I can happen,lol!
    ingenue billy lynch '10.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Tman, chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. Just a bump guys...we got the car barking on 88%, it's a bummer that Nitro Revival got postponed, we're hoping for better things in store for this car next year!
    lf 10.JPG
    lf 19.JPG
    First cackle in Sutter Creek, 1 block away from the police station, 9/26/20

teach'm, rod1, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  14. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I met Pat at the 2002 CHRR, he came over to look at the Coleman Bros car I brought. He had some great stories, and even came back to hear it run. He is the only one standing, with his pass hanging around his neck. P1010032.JPG

15. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

He was involved in the “Flameing Frank” redo, one of his last builds if I remember correctly. At Dale Armstrong’s home. While around him some, never really knew him till then. With the two together, I could just listen, he was also at the paso show a few times.

16. Yes...the car the Pedregon's screwed Pat on and didn't pay him.

17. Cruz ordered the build, and only paid 1/2 the bill when it was finished. Told Pat that's all it was worth. I smile every time the dickhead gets beat!