Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage United We Stand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

United We Stand

[​IMG]

2. I have such a profound respect for the Aussies and their Hot-Rodding tradition. Considering all of the hurdles they have to clear to even have a Hot-Rodding tradition, they have a tremendous amount of passion and persistence. As far as you are concerned Ryan, we still love you here in Maryland and you're always welcome to come back anytime. Just try to behave yourself!!!:D;)..........Don.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm so happy you got that reference! I still think of that weekend at the Jalopyrama and the aftermath... and smile. Too much fun.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - maybe it should be be "united we sit", as in sitting behind the wheel of our rides

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. goldmountain

goldmountain

Really like that photo of the "Hop Up" decal next to the kangaroo decal - gives it an entirely new meaning.

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That chapter of living vicariously through your road trips seems like yesterday.

7. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are fortunate that our overseas rodding family shares views into their activities. Builds, reliability runs, hill climbs, etc. I often think they are doing traditional hot rodding better than we do. It takes more dedication what with import taxes, construction rules, limited parts availability and so on. Its almost like they looked at the latest pastel billet street rod trends and said "no thanks mate, we like our old rods just fine"

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. BLAKE

BLAKE

An eloquent summation of a powerful concept, @Ryan... well done, and thanks for all the adventures. Pondering it now (looks at wrist watch)... we're prolly overdue for the next one.

[​IMG]

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

To the moon homeboy...

10. That was an awesome weekend! Happens to be my 1st and thus far only trip south of the border! Choo, Choo!

SANY1762.JPG

BLAKE, 390cad and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. So different, yet they get it almost more than we do! Met some great Aussies through the HAMB. I see Swifty and his son Corey in the pictures. Had them over for diner when they were in the states. :cool: That would be a trip of a lifetime. Just not so fond of all the snakes.:eek:

AHotRod and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. kool 52

kool 52

Nice words Ryan,the perfect storm with you and Blake

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

BLAKE likes this.
  13. That certainly was a fun week !! Great memories , thanks Ryan

BLAKE and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

When I first started writing for the car books in the early sixties, Tex Smith told me it was OK to make an extra copy of the material and submit it to the magazines down under. That was before Petersen had a three page legal doc that I had to sign before I got a check.