Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Can We Bring Out A Inferno Of Flames For The Weather...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOU WELLS, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Old Ford Coupe

Old Ford Coupe

2. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-11-11_3-58-29.png

Hello,

I have always been a supporter for the art work of Dave Bell. He gets the hot rod image correct and with his keen eyes, adds that “Dave Bell” touch that we all like and admire. This 56 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop had all of the touches to be a mild custom. Despite being so low to the ground, my version is a street legal 56 Chevy hardtop with a 352 stroked SBC motor, 4 speed and 4:11 Positraction. As per mild custom look, the interior is black tuck and roll. The orange color is for the October, Halloween season… Dave Bell’s faded double flames are one of a kind.

The Halloween Orange theme rolls on with the orange 1956 Chevy Bel Air, lowered to street legal stance, orange paint and bright purple flames and shadows.
    upload_2020-11-11_3-59-44.png street legal
    Jnaki

Since we knew a friend that had a green and white 56 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop, the 352 SBC would be like the rumored motor with a Reath Automotive ½ inch stroker set up. No one ever found out if it was a 352 SBC or just his old 301. It was lower to the ground than stock and tended to scrape something in the rear as he did his powerful acceleration on the street or at Lion’s Dragstrip.

With 4 teenagers in the lowered 1956 Bel Air Hardtop, it rivaled the ground scraping antics of the cool Dave Bell drawing.

LION’S DRAGSTRIP 1959.

3. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-11-26_4-19-46.png
    Hello,

Out of all the times we were racing the 1958 Impala in the A/Stock class, this custom 58 Biscayne was one of the top racers at Lion’s Dragstrip. He had lightning quick reactions and always got a good jump on everyone. During the half time scene between the trial runs and the start of the class eliminations for all classes, Lion’s Dragstrip had one of the most unusual forms of entertainment. It was the famous half time LeMans style race between two factory class racers.

It was run across the dragstrip in front of the tower, come in the passenger side door, slide across the seat, start the car and take off down the strip. The ones with the bench seats had a distinct advantage, but the 4 speed stick lever of the 59-60 cars sometimes got in the way.
    upload_2020-11-26_4-20-27.png
    Pop the hubcaps and go faster in the old hot rod drag race days. These cars were just off of the street onto the dragstrip to race all comers. No factory sponsors, just fast stock cars from the Chevy dealers showrooms. (Plus some fine tuning. )

Jnaki

I asked my brother if he would like to do that race. He said he was a fast enough runner, but he probably would swerve into the orange tower barriers. No, thanks. Plus, he did not think he could beat the 335 hp 348 59 Impala from the S/S class. That was a 35 hp difference.

But, this 58 Biscayne was fearless and did win a lot of LeMans races… and class trophies, too.

58 Biscayne vs 59 Impala

The 1958 Biscayne had an "inferno of flames" for his stock, but very fast racer. We are still trying to identify both of the stock cars. They were locals and there are supposed names, but not yet verified. 61 years of history and the memory is foggy. Any verified help is appreciated.

4. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

5. High test 63

High test 63

IMG_20200909_191329758.jpg my roadster and my buddy's under construction flamed 34, 289 powered dodge coupe.

Jim Bouchard and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. PONTNAK123

PONTNAK123
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Stogy likes this.
  8. Slopok

Slopok

9. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.