Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ford 1934 windshield frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tomastudor, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Tomastudor

Tomastudor

Hi I have bought a Mr Roadster windshied frame from Speedway Motors and it looks very good, at the same time I bought the windshield rubber made by Dennis Carpenter and they dont fit to each other. Look at the pics have anyone had this problem the rubber will not stay in the frame it just slips out. There are 2 partnumbers for the rubber 40-7003110 that I have and 40-701290 do you know if they are different? 20201108_150950.jpg 20201108_151304.jpg 20201108_151420.jpg 20201108_151536.jpg

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Drake windshield made by Donald Troutwein is on the left, the Speedway Mr Roadster is on the right.

windshieldframe.jpg

The only thing this shows is that your frame is capable of receiving a stock style gasket. Unfortunately, I do not know the difference in teh two part numbers.

I almost looks like you could press the gasket a little harder and it would lock in. Or, stretch the gasket to make it small enough to pop in place. (I'm sure you tried that already)

-Abone.

3. clem

clem

I don’t know anything about the 34 model but on my 32 one I had to turn the rubber inside out to how I thought it should go. Don’t know if this will solve your problems......

4. alchemy

alchemy

In the 32's I've done (granted both had original Ford frames) with rubber from Carpenter and Drake I needed to use a bondo spreader or flat stick to shove that last little bit of the inside flange into the groove. You are 80% there. Just poke the stick between the rubber and outside face of the frame, and push the rubber farther in.

When you assemble the frame on the car you might need to use something similar (a plastic bonds spreader works good) to pull the outer lip out flat against the body. It might want to kind of curl under the frame at first. Slide it under in one spot and work it all the way around.

harpo1313 likes this.

5. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I used a Mr Roadster frame and a rubber from Vintique on my 34. It was a nightmare to get the rubber in and it popped out in few places. Eventually got it in using plenty of soapy water and on the advice of others left the screen in the closed position for several weeks to let the rubber set up. Works great now.

6. Tomastudor

Tomastudor

Thanks for your replys, Abone its good to know that my frame is similar to the Troutwein made.
    I have tried with soapy water and all thw ways I can think of but with no luck, I have installed these seals in a 38 and a 32 Ford with no problem. The seals usually cost around $20 but the one BobDrake sell is for $50 wich has the other partno so I am thinking of buying one.,