Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration TRJ #84 Not on Newsstands

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, Nov 6, 2020.

1. 5window

5window

For those of you who buy your TRJ's at the newsstand-I received this email this evening. Also some good information for our friends in the Southern Hemisphere perhaps.

Free Posters &
    Extra Issues!

[​IMG]
    The brand new Rodder’s Journal is out now, and from what we’re hearing those who have received theirs love it (and for those who haven’t, it’s on the way!) But this issue will not be available on newsstands, and the only way for non-subscribers to get it is by ordering a copy here or through our exclusive dealer network. Here are two great ways to buy issue #84 from us:

1. Buy a single issue for the cover price of $15.99 plus shipping, and to offset the cost of the shipping we’ll include our 2020 subscriber poster for free! You’ll get all the great traditional rodding and customizing content in TRJ #84—an unmatched, in-depth look at Norm Grabowski’s “Kookie Kar,” Barry Lobeck’s famous flamed Forty from 40 years ago, a pair of hot rod pickups, a historical and unprecedented look at custom upholstery and so much more—plus a two-sided, full-color poster featuring the Eastwood Barakat Deuce Tudor on one side and a S.Co.T.-blown flathead Ford on the other!
    Click Here to Get TRJ #84 and a Free Poster
    2. Subscribe for a year starting with TRJ #84, and we’ll extend your subscription to include one extra issue for free—plus you’ll get both the 2020 and the 2021 subscriber posters! That’s five issues for the price of four—over 800 pages of the best traditional hot rodding, customizing and vintage racing in print for just $59.95 ($84.95 international). This offer is good for new subscribers as well as renewals.
    Click Here to Get 5 Issues for the Price of 4
    The reason you won’t find this issue in big box newsstands is that the pandemic really did a number on the newsstand distribution system. Since some supply chains continue to be broken, logistics dictate that TRJ #84 will only be available through our exclusive dealer network and through us directly.

We have an extensive dealer network of great, independent businesses through which you can buy single copies (click here for a complete list). And we’ve made it easy to order single copies through us with the offer above. But the best way to insure uninterrupted delivery of each issue of TRJ—and the best way to support hot rodding and customizing in print—is to subscribe.

To order now, click the red boxes above or call our customer service staff from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST Monday through Friday at 800-750-9550 (804-496-6906 international).

Cheers!
    Your Friends at The Rodder’s Journal
    P.S. Have you heard about Australia’s River City Reliability Run? Or the “Texas Termite”? Or a beer can-smashing monkey and a bodyguard named “Blah Blah”? It’s all in TRJ #84.

P.P.S. We are well aware that many subscribers in Australia and New Zealand haven’t received issue #83 because the international postal service is still trying to locate them. We do not anticipate the same problems with issue #84 (though we don’t know the speed at which international subscribers will receive their magazines, as the mail has been slow all over). And for those subscribers in Australia and New Zealand who didn’t receive TRJ #83, we are still working with the post office while they try to locate and deliver them, and we have also extended your subscription by one issue at no cost.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jim snow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. goldmountain

goldmountain

This is devastating news. I used to subscribe until I realized that at $15.99 Canadian for an issue in the store was a great deal. With this present situation, the Canadian dollar is worth 77 cents. That puts an international subscription at $110.32 or $27.58 per issue. I realize that the Rodder's Journal is in an awkward position with one major blow after another. How would I fare with buying my magazine through the mail from the Canadian sources such as the Old Car Centre?

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The magazine distribution system that gets them out to the stores is a real pain in the but right down to the point that they decide what magazines go out to the stores.

4. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

5. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

6. primed34

primed34

7. goldmountain

goldmountain

Ordered mine from the Old Car Centre. They asked me what cover I wanted. Had no preference so I left it up to them.

8. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

This is good to know. In normal times I'd buy it off the shelf at Barnes & Noble, but this time I ordered a copy right from the RJ website (and I'm checking the mailbox daily...it's been nearly two weeks and I haven't seen it yet.)

9. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I’ll order mine from TRJ, so I can get the poster.

@stuart in mn I was getting mine from Barnes and Nobles, but my local store isn’t carrying TRJ anymore.