Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bad Chad 32 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ Top Chop, Nov 5, 2020.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not 4 me.... but I guess it’s better than trashing the parts.... TV makes a lot of people famous or infamous as the case may be. I hope they save some $$$ for when the bubble bursts. The style he and others build is not what I would pay for, but to each his own...

loudbang, fauj, Blues4U and 1 other person like this.
  3. He got a featured thread without even trying
    LOL

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    54 ford coupe, ClarkH, fauj and 4 others like this.
  4. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

I've only seen a few episodes as I no longer have DirecTV. (First thing to go, when I got laid off). Some of the cars are not my thing, this one is. But the jest of the show is he builds on limited budgets, finds what he needs locally (which I assume can't be easy in rural Canada) and fabs what he can't find or afford. Which to me seems like the essence of what hot rodding was all about.

bowlingball, loudbang, Xman and 6 others like this.
  5. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

Look at the difference in these two. both same concept but much difference in out come. Who has a clear vision of what was what they wanted ?
    Bad_Chad_Customs_S1B_ep12_Chad_Hiltz_working_on_the_under_carriage_of_the_race_car.c959e27446e2.JPG seagrave2a.jpg

6. NOT EVEN !

7. grumpy65

grumpy65

And that's the whole shebang in a nutshell. What he creates lives in his garage. I seriously doubt he would lose much sleep due to worrying over whether we approve or not. The rules and expectations we have here only apply here, not to the world as a whole. Hot rodding should be an individual sport. The strongest judgements of your car should come from yourself. If you are happy, that is all that should matter, and the world is good !!!

If his cars spook you, turn off the TV and get out into your garage. That's where your magic happens. :D:D:D

8. Looking at old pics of Hines builds,the technique is very similar. Chad’s builds resemble some of Hine’s oddball customs.

9. chriseakin

chriseakin

Maybe a pickup truck axle? I seem to remember him doing some surgery on an axle to make it fit 32 style suspension.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. Guthrie1068

Guthrie1068

I'm a fan of different stuff and I respect people who can fabricate things, especially on a budget. I'm sure you all noticed that he ain't wearin' a gold chain (even though his net worth is enormous). I haven't watched that episode, but from the pictures I've seen in this thread I dig that car, especially the top and the windshield posts. I would drive that all over God's green earth if it was mine, smiling in the face of every head shaking fuck in a perfect car that was built by the "rules". I'm gonna buy a vintage Pepsi hat right now.

11. grumpy65

grumpy65

There are no "rules", only the pidgeon holes of the mindsets we choose to follow.
    Everyone has the liberty to like what they like, dislike what they dislike, and build what they want.
    What we do not have the liberty to do is to impose our personal view on others.
    Of course, this is just my personal view...........................................;)

ottoman, bowlingball, pirate and 4 others like this.
  12. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

While I think some of his builds are not well designed, some are decent. When I look back at many of the "customs" from the 50/60s, I see now a lot of amatuerish stuff......yet back then I thought it was fantastic. If you think about it, he is more of a rodder than many of us today. He is building cheap cars with parts he scrounges from everywhere......just like they did in the fifties. He doesn't wait for the FedX truck to bring it. What's more .......he is living his dream and making a living doing it. Most of us wish we could do that.
    So while I don't always like what he creates, I admire the fact that he seems like a genuine "nice guy" with more talent than me and less tools than I have. He would have been a perfect fit in the hot rod culture of the fifties. I wish him well and hope he never changes.;)

13. I give him credit for doing what he does, and having a show to show it. But, not a fan of most of his builds. There have been some i liked, like the Bike build, except the bars came back too far. That Pinto deal was a hot mess! haha I get a kick out of hearing him just talk. The, "Look at my 200k, shop built, Pro Turing" shit gets old. He reminds me of some of the young builders who built Hotrods out of whatever they could find at the swapmeets, back in the 90's. I won't bash him, cause he loves what he's doing, like it or not. I remember a few builds i've seen on here, like the dumbass who widend his Merc to fit the Caprice chassis! hahaha

14. Crocodile

Crocodile

There was a fellow on here from Nova Scotia building a 46 Ford taildragger coupe a couple years back. Bad health issues, and limited budget. I think Chad's shop was where the car show that was a big deal in that thread was held, and I also think Chad punched his hood louvers in his home-made press. Anyone remember that thread? Am I right?
    He and his crowd seemed to think the world of Chad.

Stogy, The37Kid and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

I like him. I think he works hard on his hot rods. I believe even if there was no cameras there, he would be doing the same thing but he would be telling his dog what his next move was Lol

16. To be honest I really don’t know how he does it, nor do I want to. Sure he’s a little eccentric, aren’t we all? I like his style, kinda reminds me of Lance Sorchiks drawings only in 1:1 scale. I’m not saying I agree or disagree, as others have stated to each their own. I’m just glad he’s not building gaudy monstrosities.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jim snow likes this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man I hope he is bouncing back...what a sad frigging story...

@koolkemp

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Somehow I don't think the goal or inspiration was remotely close here...so therefore not a fair comparison...if not insulting.

chryslerfan55 and anthony myrick like this.
  19. yep you keep thinking that... LOL...

keep rocking that short bus !

20. I will, thanks

21. That dude is a freaking hack, I'm glad his kid walked out on him, who the hell wants to be yelled at constantly by that ass clown.
    Like was said earlier you can't help but to watch it to see what he screws up next, you can't just look away no matter how hideous the crap is, his builds are like a 5 yr olds drawings.

Blue One, D-Russ, Blues4U and 3 others like this.
  22. grumpy65

grumpy65

23. Wikipedia scratched a line through his name.
    Kilroy_WikiWorld.png

24. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

I really have to question the net worth stated below. If he truly is worth this kind of money it makes him look like a tight wad who won't spend on basic tools and equipment. He has only been on the boob tube a couple of years. No other car show has made that kind of cash in a couple of years. "Show me the money"

upload_2020-11-7_14-24-41.png

D-Russ, j hansen, 56don and 3 others like this.
  25. Agree ^^^

From Mr. Google...

What is Chad Hiltz's net worth? It depends on who you ask.
    Since the show's only in its second season, it's hard to imagine that the personalities on the show are going to be making tons of money each episode. But, because Chad's been running a bonafide business that's been earning him a lot of cash per project over the years, there are some sites that report he's got himself a solid $1 million net worth... while others just picked a random number of $90 million, which is a lot harder to believe.

(https://www.distractify.com/p/how-did-chad-hiltz-make-his-money)

26. trollst

trollst

I'm the guy who's always looking in the background, whether it be old pics or tv show stuff. You might want to look at what they try not to show, the episode over the car show tells a lot, the walls of his shop speak volumes, the few shots of his house tell me that this is a guy who squeaks by on meager means, trying to accomplish his goals. Good on him, I suspect that discovery found him, thought he would make entertaining show material, and ran with it. The same as Rust Valley, just some broke guys that are entertaining, the show tries to make the viewer believe all the connections these guys have are all in the same area, but in reality, they are spread all across BC, but, the show would have you believe they are all in the same locale. I'm not a fan of his work, but kudos to anyone who can further themselves in life as he is doing, when opportunities present themselves, a fool turns them down. Go, chad, go.

27. These reality show stars are, well fake. Eustis on Mountain Men who professes to need $20,000 for a land payment and sells lumber and firewood to get it is in reality a millionaire. The Alaskan Bush People. Go to Alaska where they last lived and ask the local residents what they were like. They stayed at the lodge in town and only went out to their property to shoot scenes. They were not well liked in Hoona by the locals. Look at them for what they really are, TV entertainment.

28. Some of the best times while working at a pro shop was reading comments about builds.
    After a build was featured, magazine, show coverage, web sites/message boards, the comments were almost as fun as the build.
    Somewhere, I bet, Mr. Chad is giggling over this thread.

29. What is Chad Hiltz's net worth? It depends on who you ask.
    Since the show's only in its second season, it's hard to imagine that the personalities on the show are going to be making tons of money each episode. But, because Chad's been running a bonafide business that's been earning him a lot of cash per project over the years, there are some sites that report he's got himself a solid $1 million net worth... while others just picked a random number of $90 million, which is a lot harder to believe.

30. Well... at least his show isn't saturated with all that made up fake-ass drama that shows like the clowns at Gas Monkey garage and that dude that wears a diaper on his head and never changes clothes on Counting Cars. TV shows i.e. "reality" shows are quite difficult to tolerate sometimes, thats why I seldom watch them.