Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration New Prudhomme book excerpt

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Fordors

Fordors

Just as @bchctybob said I found Don to be very fan friendly. It must have been when Don ran the B&M Tork Master FED, I think that was 1965 when some friends and I had a chance encounter with Don. We were riding around in a pal’s ‘49 Willys Jeepster when we spotted the Snake at the old Phillips Motel in Oak Lawn, IL. The Phillips was popular with touring racers.
    It was late, maybe midnight on a Wednesday night and he probably just got in from a match race at US30 drag strip, but when we pulled into the parking lot he graciously opened the trailer and answered all our questions. Don knew that it is the fans that help put you where you are in life.

2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He's a real car guy. Approachable, not too upity in my experiences over the years. Never asked for an autograph or anything, just walked up and started talking and he jumps right in. Last time was Amelia Island 2011 where he agreed to wear our club jacket so I could put a pic up for our members.

[​IMG]

Might just have to have a copy, and of course it'll have to be signed. Kool stuff, thanks for the info and the link.

loudbang and Johnny Gee like this.
  3. Thanks squirrel the wife just order it for me.

loudbang likes this.
  4. bchctybob

bchctybob

Got mine yesterday, signed of course. With just a quick look I see that there's lots of great old pictures that bear careful scrutiny.

loudbang likes this.
  5. mkubacak

mkubacak

6. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I usually don't finish a lot of books. I get about 1/2 way thru and get bored or lose interest. I finished this one, so you know it's good. The way it is written and put together, it just keeps you interested.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    loudbang and squirrel like this.
  7. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

5window, Finn Jensen and loudbang like this.
  8. bchctybob

bchctybob

I finished reading mine this morning, I wish there was more. I really enjoyed it. They did a great job of giving us the view from the inside, both good and bad. Disappointed that they misspelled Gary Burgin’s name, and a couple others if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  9. lake_harley

lake_harley

Santa Claus (AKA: Carol, my wife) just gave the Don Prudhomme book to me for Christmas. It'll be tempting to start reading it right away, but I want to save it for our trip to Puerto Vallarta in January.

Lynn

pprather likes this.
  10. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DP's story is fascinating, and the outstanding organization of the book makes it the best. Hats off to Elana for her professional contribution to making the book a major success.

11. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER