Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 283 oil issue.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spook498, Oct 11, 2020.

1. spook498

spook498

So after a bit of a delay, here is where I am at.

I took the lifters apart, put them back together. Didnt find anything unusual. Learned not to use nitrile gloves while doing that. Cleaned all of the pushrods again, they were still clean from the first time.

Ran the priming tool without the lifters in the bores and saw plenty of oil flood up from the “front” of the lifter oil gallery, which would flood into #7 and #8 exhaust. Reinstalled lifters and primed again and all but one or two filled with oil. Rotated the engine and got oil from the ones that didnt oil before. Reinstalled pushrods and tightened down rocker arms, and primed again. Got oil out of almost every pushrod/rocker down the odd/driver side of the block. The lifters on the passenger side flowed oil but none of it traveled up the pushrods. Rotated the engine and tried again and still no joy on the passenger side. I have oil flow at the lifters but not going up.

In the meantime I smoked the Harbor Freight drill, so it’s back to get another one and keep trying. I have to travel this weekend so either tomorrow or late next week.

2. fortynut

fortynut

spook498 likes this.
  3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ No longer the case in 1958.

spook498 and Roothawg like this.