Register now to get rid of these ads!

sad news

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Sorry for your loss.

2. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Very sorry for your family's loss. You are all in my prayers.

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Very sorry for your loss, you and your family have my deepest condolences.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Very sorry, you are in our prayers.

5. dirt

dirt

once again thanks for your support. i have been showing my mom the responses here and on ol'skool rodz and she started crying because she didn't realized how many people were thinking of her. she is so happy that so many people have gone out of their way to help us with their words and donations. she really broke down when i told her that alot of the people that were leaving messages and donations were people that i have never talked to before but were just hot rodders just like us that just felt compelled to help any way they could. you all have made the last couple of days easier on us whether you know it or not. i am in great debt to each and every one of you.

6. QQMOON

QQMOON

Very sad indeed.... My Condolences to you and your Family

7. I'm sorry for your sad tragedy. Every time I hear a story where a guy losses his dad it hits me hard. I can't imagine what i'd do. I hate to even think of it. You have my condolences.

8. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

I was sad to hear of your tough times and even sadder to hear of your loss. That damn car you sold me has me broke, but if there is anything else i can do for you or your family let me know.
    Rob

9. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Sorry for your loss.

10. I too have been out of work for soemtime and am having money trouble, but this really puts things in their true perspective , I am so sorry for your loss Mike L.

11. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I'm sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.

When you're ready to finish the car in honor of your dad, I'd be glad to help. I'm sure there are other HAMBers that would as well.

12. 52Chief

52Chief
    from San Diego

I am a bit of newbie when it comes to working on cars, but I am a good learner. So let me know and I'd be happy to come help your family finish the car. Even if all I can do is fetch tools and sand on it for ya, I'd be glad to do what I can.

I'm sorry for your loss......

13. BELLM

BELLM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am a year younger than he was, sometimes we get in a hurry, really makes me stop and think about some of the things I do on a daily basis. My Dad died 30 years ago and I still miss him terribly every day.

14. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Very sad news indeed, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

15. TimDavis

TimDavis

I lost my dad about 10 months ago. He was my best friend in the world and I miss him so much it hurts daily. Finish the car and go for a ride with him.

16. radical56chevy

radical56chevy

hope you have a good recovery..sorry to here about your friend..

17. wheelnut46

wheelnut46
    from RI, USA

Very very sorry about your loss.

18. taskforceranger506

taskforceranger506

Sorry to hear about your loss,..Gods speed from IRAQ.

19. lonely king

lonely king

my prayers go out to u man..

20. plymouth37

plymouth37
    from salt lake

Real sorry for your loss. My parents have been gone for a while now.
    With time the pain will fade and the good memories will remain.

21. dirt

dirt

i cannot believe the response i have recieved. you guys have really lifted our spirits.anyone that is local and would like to help us with the 56 chevy build. please email me at [email protected] and put "56 build" in the subject line. it will be about three weeks before we start on it. i will email you back when we are ready to go to work and give you directions. any and all help is really apreciated.

i have been asked to post my paypal address by several people that would like to help but live too far away. i really dont feel right accepting money from anyone. but in my current situation i dont have much of a choice. but please take a look at the stuff i have in the for sale forum first. hopefully there is something you could use. i would feel alot better if you took something in return. my paypal address is stated in the paragraph above. all the cash that is raised will goto the 56 build and my mother to help her pay for my dads death expenses.

i came up with an idea and my brother approved. we are going to install a flat panel of sheet metal that covers the botton side of the trunk lid and paint it white then have everyone that helps on the car sign their name on it in black sharpie then clear coat it. at the top of the panel it will say "to craig from us". this will be a suprise for my mother. after we give her the car back we'll ask her to open the trunk and there it will be.

i have also been asked what i need as far as parts go and all i can think of are a drivers side window, the stock colum shift lever,spring,and rubber. that is all i can remember right now but i know there is more.

thank you all again,
    eric

22. mahlin

mahlin
    from cary, NC

Sorry to hear of your loss. I wish you and your family the best.
    i wish i had some extra money to donate but i'm moving soon and pretty much broke till the end of next month. i'll see what i can come up with.
    take care

-adam

23. I feel for you man!! I'm sure he's riding the clouds of heaven right now.

24. gashog

gashog

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my first wife in a car accident in 86 and my Dad in 91. I have remarried and life is great. I still think of Meg every once in awhile, but I miss my Pop every day. You learn to live with it but never forget. 15 years and I still can't quite get over having to cut the Thanksgiving turkey. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

25. dirt

dirt

thank you all. my mother wants me to print out all of the replys from here and ol skool rodz and put them on the wall for my dads party that we are having on the 5th. so everyone that comes can read them. she just cant believe how many people care. my dad was a jazz sax player. he had two cd's out. i got an email from a guy in austrialia who knew my dad from a jazz forum. he heard of my dads passing and added one of my dads songs to his bands set list for a concert that was held saturday night. he dedicated it to my dad. it is so sureal that only after 2 days of his death someone would play and dedicate his song to him from the other side of the planet. another amazing thing is that one of my dads idol s called my moms house and gave his condolences, when i told him we were having a party for him on the 5th he offered to play at the party with his band. my dad would not have ever even dreamed such a thing would happen.

a little update:
    i just got off the phone with my buddy dustin. he worked with my dad. he told me that all the guys at the shop want to help on the 56 and that the owner of the company has offered to do all of the body and paint work on my dads car. i cant believe it. my dad only worked there for 2 1/2 weeks assembling motors part time. it looks like my dads dream car is going to happen alot sooner than expected. i want to say a big thank you to all the guys at bitetto towing and to vince for making such a generous offer.

eric

26. 5051

Eric,

Sorry to hear the sad news. My thought and prayers are with you and your family.

27. dirt

dirt

28. im sorry to hear about this. Peace and prayers be to you during this time.

29. Clutch 2

Clutch 2
    from Maryland

Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad / teacher / best friend ,back in '97. I still think about him every day. My prayers go out to you and your family.

30. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

:( :(

You and your family are in our thougts and prayers...........