Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen Chevy SEGA Gasser Keep an eye out...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Nov 3, 2020.

1. 86E0B106-FAC0-4495-B2C8-B4D03130F86C.jpeg 09874432-464A-40E9-B5E8-9EECED9B6918.jpeg Thieves Suck....keep an eye out for this one..

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

3. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks for posting this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep your eyes open all you hoodlums, let's find this!

4. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

That sucks. Thought for a minute that was the trailer I saw being stolen by a similar white truck on Fox news Detroit last night. Hopefully someone catches the prick.

Thor1 and mad mikey like this.

5. Ummm . . Any indication of where these vehicles were stolen from? :confused:

6. mohead1

mohead1

When you find him/them, maim them for life...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

427 sleeper likes this.
  7. squirrel

squirrel

atl.jpeg

8. Atlanta, GA.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. catdad49

catdad49

Atlanta, Georgia area.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

Good Luck! Hope it turns out well....

Deuces likes this.
  12. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

13. I figured that was his home base, but thought the theft might have occurred while he was out on the road, or from a motel parking lot somewhere else. :confused:

14. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Man that sucks. Guys that pull off these heists need to be strung up by their codsack.

15. Deuces

Deuces

I already spoke my piece on the Gasser thread.....:mad::(

16. Man

that’s a very recognizable car.
    Unless it’s getting stripped for parts or sold overseas find it hard to get rid of

Hope it all works out, I know trailers are “ hot ticket “ theft items
    Maybe the car will be found somewhere and just the trailer is what the crooks where after.

A blow torch and needle nose pliers need to be used on these assholes .
    And on there a!!!holes

17. junkman8888

junkman8888

Just last week on my ATT webpage was a story of a vehicle owner that helped police find his stolen car through the use of an inexpensive tracking device, also on the transport trailer were three stolen police cars from three different departments so I assure you the perps won't be allowed to fall through the cracks of our legal system.
    I know this is rubbing salt in an open wound but if an average Joe can afford to put a tracking device on his ten-year-old daily-driver what exactly was keeping the owner of this expensive race rig from doing the same?

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I posted this on my instagram and have seen a lot of others doing the same. Hoping for a happy ending. Nothing worse than a thief.

Deuces, 427 sleeper, catdad49 and 2 others like this.
  19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There's almost always a "slip type receiver" HITCH on the tow vehicle; there also needs to be a slip type TONGUE on trailers, so it can be removed and stored elsewhere when towing/parking a trailer. That slip tongue should also be "keyed" so it fits only a limited number of setups. I hope that makes sense. At least that way, a thief would have to have several/many different slip tongues in their arsenal in order to steal a trailer. Many, many people have a security/camera system on their homes/businesses, but not on their 1 or 2 hundred thousand dollar race-cars and trailers. It's a hard lesson to learn for sure, but we continue to read about these thefts several times a year here on the HAMB. My trailer WILL have some sort of slip-fit tongue/security arrangement, if I ever finish rebuilding it (been far too long already). But, it also sounds like, in Travis's last post on Facebook, that the truck/trailer/race-car were ALL stolen, which tells me they had a key or broke the ignition apart. The truck also has blacked out windows, and I HATE that. You can't see who's driving, even in normal driving around town here. I'd hate to be a police officer having to approach one of those vehicles with those blacked out windows. Used to be, they were illegal, now they're everywhere; guys around here even have different colored driving/headlight ring/side lights, that apparently go un-looked by the police. I guess the real bottom line here is, you just have to take the extra precautions every single time, no matter where you are, or for how long you're there, if you want to keep your stuff. It's not just the world we live in, it's the country we live in, and that's really too bad. The "other" issue is how these cases get prosecuted, that just leads to repeat acts of theft. More needs to be done. JMO. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Deuces, Driver50x, alanp561 and 8 others like this.
  20. BTT, have thieves ! on the left coast not of much help.. but a bump.. power of The HAMB has come thru before..
    Hope this is found.. Trailers are what these dirt bags are after..

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Those F250's are the easiest things to steal,pop out the door handle with a big screwdriver,bust the key switch,they dont have a "chipped" key,start it with a screwdriver and drive it away.Everyone should have their phone number or something similar painted on the roof so it would be easy to spot from the air? would make finding it a little easier?.Hope they find it. Harvey

22. BTT

Deuces likes this.
  23. I'd prefer that it be thought of as a clarification of what I asked and why I asked.
    ;)

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I don't have any comments on this subject that won't get deleted except this one.

Deuces, 427 sleeper and kidcampbell71 like this.
  25. mohead1

mohead1

ATL, that explains alot

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Deuces, Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

37 caddy>>>Those F250's are the easiest things to steal,pop out the door handle with a big screwdriver,bust the key switch,they dont have a "chipped" key,start it with a screwdriver and drive it away.>>>

I think this was an F350. What's your obviously learned opinion on those? 8^) Jack E/NJ

gimpyshotrods likes this.