Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 Plymouth Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 Dodge Pickup, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Thank you KJSR I agree they sort of give the it a stock car look that I think is really cool. I will be attempting my first pinstripes on them adding just a single green stripe when I get some free time. Thank you for your interest in my build and your comments. Hobo Jim

1947knuck and classiccarjack like this.
  2. olds vroom

olds vroom

Nice job the wheels look great !

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Thank you so much @olds vroom I put some green pinstripe on them to break up the green. I really like the look I only wish the stripe that I put on was half as good as what C B Zeke did. I am really enjoying the fall with this car! It has an old stock car feel to it in my opinion. Here is a pic of my first attempt at pin stripping. Hobo Jim

06455FA1-0D2F-4B37-BB9C-B798BCBF531D.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  4. Mudgy

Mudgy

Hi Jim,
    Looks great, and it's a credit to all your hard work mate. Thanks for the PM today, I hope you have thousands and thousands of trouble free miles enjoying the Plymouth. Top job mate.

Cheers, Mudgy

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. sololobo

sololobo

I've got that ol Mo Par jones! Cool project boss, very nice work. Best wishes with the build.

6. sololobo

sololobo

dang a lang, that Graham license plate light is the bomb!

7. Thank you very much! I am just doing detail work on it thru the winter. That Graham light was a perfect fit I agree it really looks cool and a subtle change that most people won’t notice.

8. olds vroom

olds vroom

Have you got many miles on it yet? Are you bringing that to the nationals?

9. Yes Sir I’ve been enjoying the miles and driving it as much as possible! I registered my truck for the Nationals but I guess it will come down to what I get in that morning Ha Ha. I did just finish up a custom air cleaner here are some pics from insta gram. I made it out of 18 gauge sheet metal and u bend exhaust pipe.
    588DA171-F13D-45F3-A8A8-780444A17E50.png

2A450CB9-4124-4F78-B210-49BA64A71AA4.png
    I didn’t want the standard wing nut mount to be in the middle of my scallop so I designed an underneath mount came out really nice and the scallop isn’t I interrupted. That’s the first scallop I’ve ever painted I am really happy with the way it came out. The white is actually the same color as the firewall cream not sure why it looks white in the picture. Hobo Jim

E9F184AE-4FA6-4D6E-B374-91D1335C6655.png

1947knuck, Dog_Patch, Rich B. and 2 others like this.
  10. olds vroom

olds vroom

That looks great

1947knuck and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. Mudgy

Mudgy

G'Day Jim,
    Your build has turned out really well. Great job mate - I bet you're grinning like the cat who got the cream !

Cheers, Mudgy

56 Dodge Pickup likes this.
  13. Mudgy so good to hear from you! Send me a message with an email address please. How are you doing with all the fires? Thank you for the kind words about my build!

1947knuck likes this.
  14. intheweeds48

intheweeds48
    from Kansas

Just did a quick review of your work, for inspiration and ideas. Am impressed with what you've done and only hope my project turns out as good as yours. Excellent job.

56 Dodge Pickup likes this.
  15. Wow Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comments! I am sure yours is going be awesome! I have started doing custom bead rolling and I’m planning on bead rolling the door panels. Other than that the plan is to drive the wheels off it!

1947knuck likes this.
  16. Mudgy

Mudgy

G'Day Jim ! How are you mate? Good to know you are kicking goals on the beast.

Cheers, Mudgy

17. Hey so good to hear from you! Send me an email my address is [email protected] I am on Facebook @Hobos Hot Rod Garage or Instagram @hoboshotrods would love to catch up with you!