Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gathering at the Roc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sprout, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Man, every single one of them are outstanding builds. HRP

2. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

I stopped by your car and tried to meet up with you (but never did) as I have always liked it. My car too was out of place but still I had lots of people visit with me about it when I was around it. So yeah, I was surprised to be invited to such an outstanding group of beautiful things. Congrats to Jason and crew on a very nice event.

3. Did you drive a t-bird? If so, pretty sure I saw it but didn’t think of it being yours.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

Yes, a Black 55. Mine since 1967.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Now that's the kind of hot rods I'm talking about......

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. I was digging the T-Bird. The first time I spotted it was in Pawhuska and took a good look at it at the Hot Rod Garage. Very sweet!

7. Way cool. You had to look one past mine to see a "GOOD" '40 coupe. I'm a HUGE fan of Charlie's '40. Stock driveline and those '40 Olds bumpers. He's a heck of a nice guy, too!

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. Cool. That is the one I was thinking of. Very nice. Sorry I missed meeting you.

10. Fantastic show. The quality of cars was off the hook...and yet they let me in....and didn't even ask me to leave as I arrived and puked antifreeze and steam all over everyone. LOL I'm already looking forward to next year and encourage more custom guys to come!

Sancho, y'sguy, Sprout and 7 others like this.
  11. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

Glad to hear you made it, I was too late to register so hopefully I’ll make it next year!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

drdave and Roothawg like this.
  12. primed34

primed34

Thanks for the pictures.

13. cycledelicjohn

cycledelicjohn

looks 2 b a show worth travelin to ! great pieces of iron shown ,& good photos especially the twin black 3 windows ! bbbbad ass !

14. cycledelicjohn

cycledelicjohn

somebody please start a conversation w. me ! i need 2 c if contacts r comin thru the hamb ! havin problems w, my email ! thanx

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

FYI, I spoke with the builder on IG.

16. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

Sprout, thank you for sharing your photos. I don't know that I saw one car there that I could not appreciate, all were very nice. I also like the style cars you chose to shoot. Take care

17. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Love the cream 33/34 chopped 5 wdo. Do you have any other pics of it?

18. Sprout

Sprout

Just 1 more 20201031_102048.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A205U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. I talked to Jason and Shelly this last weekend while they were up in St Charles, MO. They said that they will be announcing the date for next year's gathering in the next week or two. I've got my hotel room booked for next October. ;-) I'm planning on bringing this one next year.

11828594_10206488058467976_1968521504631272288_n.jpg

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good news, will be waiting for the announcement. I have my rooms already booked too.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

21. Did you get kicked out of the house? LOL

22. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I plan on staying at the hotel also so I can meet some folks. I will just follow Bret around. That is if they approve me.

23. So...I hear that the hotel may already be booked up on this weekend that hasn't been announced yet...I guess I will likely stay at the cheap hotel again. Maybe I can meet you Joe if you are planning to follow Bret around.

24. Call the hotel direct and let them know you are registering for the Gathering at the Roc car show. I had heard that the hotel had pretty much allocated all the rooms for the "block" that was reserved for them.

25. Roothawg

Roothawg

How do you know what weekend to book? Just pick the Halloween weekend?

straykatkustoms likes this.
  26. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Great pictures. This show is hard to explain if you weren't there. Amazing venue and cars. Took my breath away

27. Hot-Rod-Garage

Hot-Rod-Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Hi Guys, thanks for all the Feedback about The Gathering at the Roc, we are blown away by the attendance and response for our first attempt at this deal, 2021 show is going to be Oct 9th and the drive will be the 8th. The number of cars in the show will grow SOME but Registration will be by acceptance only, we are limited on space to keep this deal comfortable to place the cars, we will open registration later on but there are several hotels in Bartlesville to consider, if for some reason you dont make the show cut we still would love to have you, to drive your hot rod and enjoy Woolaroc and the Oklahoma vibe. More info to come as we are still on a high from the great time we had this year. Thanks again and hope everyone stays healthy and gets those killer cars ready for next year!!!

Sprout, Sancho, Roothawg and 12 others like this.
  28. tofords

tofords

Great pictures. thanks

Sprout likes this.