Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Big Trucks & Buried Treasure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Oct 30, 2020.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Big Trucks & Buried Treasure

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I've watching Iron Trap for a few months, it was the Free T that drew me in as I have simiular parts to assemble,, a beat up T body and a beat up 46 Ford Frame, parts from a 53 Mercury part-out,,, just a bunch of junk no one else wanted,, but that was Hot Rodding is all about,,, right??

IronTrap likes this.
  4. Vanness

Vanness

Matt is a great guy. He has helped me with some projects and also sold me parts to get my next one going. His shows are great as well.

5. I've been watching Iron Trap garage's you tube series for over a year now. There's always some good content in them. Sometimes you just don't want to see another build, or parts mod. They take "field trips" which is what i also do on weekends. They endure the same crappy weather i do at auctions, & swaps.

Tim and IronTrap like this.
  6. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

I watched his channel and one other one till the political ads drove me away. See you on Nov. 4....... Mark

Jet96, Tim and Blue One like this.
  7. Mikko_

Mikko_
    from Sweden

Discovered the Youtube channel about 1 year ago and I think it's great and informative.
    And awesome cars too.

8. jaracer

jaracer

Great channel, Matt is a really good craftsman.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. IronTrap

IronTrap

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words! We started the channel out of fun to share what was going on in the shop and share the fun of building this old junk and what goes into it. Fast forward a few years and now we're honing in more of what people want to watch but from the beginning I wanted something we'd want to watch ourselves. That meant No fake drama, no fake deadlines, and keep the "good stuff" that makes this hobby what it is.. including some of the boring stuff that is all part of the process. I've been on this site for years (before the YT thing) and have always tried to keep the self-promotion to zero. I always figured we'd let the content speak for itself and people would find it/share it naturally.

Thanks for the acknowledgement, we're working on some pretty cool stuff in the future and are excited to see where this takes us. I can promise you won't see fake drama, thrown wrenches, or any of that nonsense ever.

P.S.- In regards to the comment about the political ads; we have no control over that. We have ads turned on for our videos to help offset the cost and time to create the videos; but we have no control over what they show on our ads. We make a point to keep politics and religion out of our videos and any ads you see is what google/YouTube decided to show YOU based on what else you look at and read on the web.

-Matt/ITG

Actual Picture of Me:
    117414247_952927055176429_390401786984845566_o.jpg

10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Iron Trap rules, got my hoodie on now .

IronTrap and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Well deserved praise

IronTrap and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. atch

atch

Iron Trap/Matt,

I'd never heard of your YouTube videos or site before this thread. You can bet I'll be looking them up now though.

13. Agree....Matt is pretty cool down and bound to the next find and instruction tutorial - and compared to our local guy - he seems to get good marks !!!

14. cfmvw

cfmvw

Will have to watch the videos, but I love that cartoon!

15. 5window

5window

Hi, Matt. I'm happy to have found your videos! Even more that I can watch them wearing my Eastern Foundry hat and drinking coffee from my Fegley's Diner cup from the Boyertown Museum of Historic vehicles. Boyertown is a cool car place.

IronTrap and Vanness like this.
  16. I saw one of your earlier video's where you got a old step van running and scored a lot of cool parts a while back, I also recently saw the video posted.

I very much enjoyed both video's, looks like a lot of fun. HRP

17. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

“YouTube decided to show YOU based on what else you look at and read on the web.”
    I look at this site and the Ford Barn....and up until the political ads...IronTrap Garage and ColdWarMotors......I don’t know where their ads are coming from......I can’t be the only one that gets them......anyway, two more days and I’ll be back to normal......Mark

Nostrebor and IronTrap like this.
  18. Mister Nasty

Mister Nasty

Real reality tv...been watching a long time...great bunch of guys !!! Fun to watch

19. IronTrap

IronTrap

Oh that's so cool! Next time you visit the museum hit me up and you can stop by my shop. We're only a few blocks from the museum.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

I am subscribed to Matt's channel as well. He seems to really know his stuff, especially the 30's Fords. No nonsense, practical, hands-on stuff that I think we all appreciate more than the scripted, sponsored stuff some others have on YouTube.

21. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Their videos are enjoyable to watch. Seems down to earth, no drama and no super high dollar parts made from unobtainium. Very much relatable to the ordinary hot rodder. I especially like how he took the kin folk of the deceased owner of the '34 sedan for a ride. Keep it up Iron Trap.

J.Ukrop likes this.
  22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I enjoy Matts work as well. In my top three along with Cold War Motors and Marts Garage.

23. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Right after the coffee drops on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday, YT comes on and I watch the latest episode. I really appreciate that Matt gets "it". By "it" I mean the way average folks like me build something. The recent episode where no matter what he did something went sideways, and finally he just admitted that sometimes you just have to put down the tools and go inside for the day... I live that stuff! Some Hollywood car primadonna would never had shown us that side of car building.

The parts chasing, climbing into dark holes lined with spider webs just to see if the elusive car part is hiding inside. The genuine look he gets when he finds something really cool. It's the same way my grandpa used to do this stuff, the same way my dad was, and the way I am about the hobby. It's all very relatable.

Thanks Matt for taking the time to share your adventures!

J.Ukrop, MO54Frank, IronTrap and 2 others like this.