Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Forged front axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

o_O You need to proof read your post or be clearer on what you’re describing, your numbers make no sense whatsoever in relation to a Toyota truck.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And then those same guys will scoff you when you point out that cast axles can’t be trusted like I just did in a thread about powder coating one.

They will tell you that they’re using them and have for a long time and that there’s no problem.
    All fine until there is a problem.

They're the it’s not gonna happen to me crowd :D

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How? Poorly regulated free market Capitalism.

VANDENPLAS and flatford39 like this.

4. Didn’t say it was a truck, but yes I should have said forklift, sorry bout that.

It’s a forklift, not a truck

they picked up an over size load rear wheels came up and crashed down rear cast frame cracked.

Blue One likes this.

5. it’s sad to say but it will take a politician’s kid to get killed before they change the laws.
    Your right about your statement.

6. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

I do not see on Speedway’s website where it says any Super Bell axle is forged! Says they are made from one piece annealed iron. Speedway does offer a forged axle. What does everyone think of that axle?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

One thing no one has commented about yet is the fact that this axle has been chrome plated. Chrome plating can cause hydrogen embrittlement. Chrome plating traps the hydrogen inside the axle and over time will cause the metal to become weak and brittle. After chrome plating there is about a hour window where freshly plated parts should be put in an oven to let the hydrogen be removed from the newly plated part. This is very important for chrome plated suspension parts.

The front axle is an extremely important piece of the car's suspension. I'm not entirely sure where this axle was made. Could be China or made in the USA. If the axle was made in China, I would be willing to bet the axle never saw the inside of a chrome plater's oven, and as others here have stated, the axle could be a cast axle. The only axles I would ever trust are the ones that were made by Chassis Engineering and the ones made by Ford Motor Company. Thousands of forged Henry Ford axles were made and I have never heard of one failing yet.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I have a forged axle from SoCal and I drilled it myself.
    It’s a great axle and I have no worries about the strength.

8BE2BBF5-65EF-476A-9ADB-418AF90193E9.jpeg 8FFE3045-CBEA-44FE-AD1C-7C54B39EFAE6.jpeg

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

REALLY good lawyers!

VANDENPLAS likes this.