Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Ford Shoebox lover

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Juan Ford, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Juan Ford

Juan Ford

Hello
    For quite a long time I have been wanting a 1949-51 Ford shoebox. I had other responsibilities and was not able to save for one. I`m planning to buy one and I would appreciate advise on the things I might want to do to it in the future. I have been a Triumph Motorcycle owner for many years. I drag raced in the local NHRA super stock in the late 70`s and early 80`s with a 1971 Rally sport camaro. I did most of the work on the car myself. I served in the USAF as an aicraft mechanic 1969-73. I live in Puerto Rico, I love airplanes,cars and motorcycles.
    Juan

2. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

3. Juan, welcome to the HAMB...keep us updated on the shoebox quest and be sure to share pics when you find the right one!

OzMerc39 likes this.
  4. Welcome to HAMB...

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Juan Ford

Juan Ford

Hello Guys
    I had not noticed I had replys to my post. I lucked out and I already bought a 1951 custom shoebox and is already on the way to Puerto Rico. I have been reading a lot and looking at the pictures of a lot of wonderful shoeboxes. Is going to be a while before I receive it due to a shipping jam caused by the hurricanes and the corona virus. I don`t have it but it has not stopped me from buying a set of Foxcraft style fender skirts, Hood safety catch and a set of nos bumper guards. I used to drag race in the late seventys with a black 1971 camaro but had always lusted for a 1951 shoebox like the one a friend of mine had. His car was all black with a red interior. He replaced the flathead with a hopped up 327 chevy with an aluminum intake and 3 carbs he also had glasspack mufflers and foxcraft fender skirts. It was a very beautiful car. He was an auto body man that was a craftsman but he is no longer with us due to the damage caused by the solvents and paints to his lungs. I thought about doing a replica of his car but at this time I think that I might just leave the car I bought as is. I have a friend that has a 1950 sedan and a 1950 convertible plus has worked on this cars for a long time which will provide invaluable help. I have worked on cars before but I`m new to flatheads and shoeboxes. The other day I helped get a 1939 flathead run that he had rebuilt. Here are a few pics and Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Juan

IMG_2076.JPG IMG_2077.JPG

Attached Files:

6. Juan Ford

Juan Ford

Hello Guys
    My 1951 Ford Custom finally arrived. I bought it from a HAMB member after seeing it in the classifieds. It took 3 month to get here due to the Covid 19,the holidays and having to wait for the goverment to let me know how much I needed to pay in taxes. The car fuel,temp and oil pressure gauges are not working. With the car I received paperwork of a Rebel wiring harness but after looking at the harness I`m not sure. Where in the HAMB should I post my technicalquestions? Here are photos of the car and wiring harness fuse box. All help appreciated Thanks.
    Juan

IMG_E2660.JPG IMG_E2644.JPG IMG_2125.JPG

lothiandon1940 and flatheadpete like this.
  7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

8. Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  9. Juan Ford

Juan Ford

Thanks guys, I think that it might be an older unit I found a receipt from 2013 that included the wiring harness. I will follow your advice on posting. I will be asking more questions since this is my first classic car.
    Juan

10. Juan Ford

Juan Ford