Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Transporting a Hotrod with a U-Haul Auto Trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zooming46, Oct 25, 2020.

1. j3harleys

j3harleys

I bought this one. best open trailer I ever had. They do not come with the ramps. 1056.jpeg

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4 pages of U-Haul trailers, maybe Ryan should make them an Alliance member. :cool:

Boneyard51 and Tman like this.
  3. The price is right too. $61 +change was well worth it...

4. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

I worked for U-haul many years ago, And I would definitely rent their car hauler to haul a Hot rod long distance. You can get them for $30.00 a day and they are easy to use and if you happen to blow a tire or lose a axle bearing they send roadside out to repair at no charge 24/7 Cheap insurance in my opinion.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  5. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

That seems strange as when I hauled one of my 32 five windows home it was on their list even listed 3 different models and their weight.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  6. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Same as @alumslot above, would not rent to me because '30 Ford was not on their list. Maybe a CA thing???

7. Used them many times, eaiser to rent one than store one (very limited space where we are). Always pop for the extra insurance just in case. I've also told them up front what towing, the wheel base and weight so I don't get the f&#* f&#* game of "oh that won't fit". Wouldn't mind having one to own, load easy and pull straight.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Somehow this thread needs to get to U-haul. Unsolicited testimony is the best advertising!

Bones

kevinrevin likes this.