Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thread deleted - why ???

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by grumpy65, Oct 30, 2020.

1. grumpy65

grumpy65

Started a new thread a couple of days ago requesting info for 1937 Ford 1.5 ton frame dimensions. Seems it has been deleted. WTF................talk about jump the gun.

The reason I wanted the info is because I may have access to a 1937 Ford 1.5 ton truck, and want to do the conversion to a pickup if I can seal the deal. I want to know if I can use the large truck frame as a starting point to modify/fabricate a frame for the pickup version. I would not have thought this was off topic. I have another thread regarding fenders for 1937 trucks (large vs pickup) and it is still active. Or have the moderators just not found it yet ?????

Any chance I can get some info if anyone has some.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  2. Budget36

Budget36

Well, take a trip over to fordbarn.com. But I think your best bet is to find a 35-40 (41 pu) frame and start there

3. grumpy65

grumpy65

Will be fabbing new frame if I can't use/mod the heavy truck frame.
    Think I will stay around here rather than fordbarn. ;)

Tim and Bandit Billy like this.
  4. I've done it. I cut a bit more than 3 feet out of the middle to shorten it.
    Big truck fenders are stupid big in the wheel arch area so yes, you need pickup ones.

grumpy65 and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a guy up here with what I think is a 34 Ford pickup that started out as a big truck that he used the cut down stock frame off. Can't show it here because it has a bagged MII front end on it. Other than that it is a great looking truck and if it had a dropped Ford cross leaf axle under it it would fit right in. Talking about using parts that don't jive with traditional hot rods will get a thread booted, Possibly the moderator was lead to believe you were planning a rat rod rather than a hot rod.

6. grumpy65

grumpy65

No, definately not building a rat rod. I just thought a modified heavy truck frame might be more rigid and stand up to some horsepower, and I am all for using what you have. It would have to work well though or it will not even get a start. Will either source a car/pickup frame or fab a new frame if it will work better.

Was after frame plans for the heavy frame so I can at least do some thinking/planning.

7. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Believe me it has nothing to do with the large truck frame it is because like many of us, you are a ugly old guy. Have your good looking wife or girlfriend go on the H.A.M.B. for you. Good luck with the truck and remember it is easier to go from big to small rather than the other way around, so you are on the right track.

egads, Blue One, chopped and 2 others like this.
  8. grumpy65

grumpy65

^^^ Yep, that'll be it. :confused:

Blue One likes this.
  9. grumpy65

grumpy65

Will put this to bed.
    Have decided it will be easier and better to fab a new frame to the exact specs I am after.
    Thanks.

Bandit Billy, Blue One and alanp561 like this.
  10. grumpy65 likes this.