Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Trinkets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iwanaflattie, Oct 28, 2020.

1. I've accumulated a worrisome amount of lights,bases,mirrors,handles,knobs,hubcaps etc, in the hopes of finding a matching pair or just cuz they re old..anyone else?

dana barlow and scotty t like this.
  2. shopdawg

shopdawg
    from alberta

One of the side effects of this lifestyle. I’ve been able to keep it to a minimum by selling at local swap meets.

dana barlow likes this.
  3. I have that problem with socks...

juan motime, Bandit Billy and wraymen like this.
  4. I have a metric shit ton of trinkets. Signs, license plates, hubcaps, emblems, junk, etc. i’ve decided that if i can’t use or display them they have to go. This is just a tiny sample in my attached late model parking garage
    D1AB9CC0-68DD-41AE-974C-BF230A1666AE.jpeg

5. Model case 001.JPG

Display case.jpg
    There are 6 more cases. You don't know what a collecting disease is until you get started in 1:18 die cast!

KiWinUS, 302GMC and jim snow like this.
  6. I’m a victim of this, “sell it” , shock horror.

7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the Dorman bench top. Is it just the top or do you have the whole cabinet assembly with drawers under it like the old time parts stores used to have for bolts, nuts, cotter keys, etc?

8. Just the counter top. I bought many parts over that counter, it came from my favorite parts store. When they remodeled i lucked into a couple pieces of it.

loudbang likes this.
  9. No, if it doesn't make a car go faster or stop faster I don't need it

Just Gary and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  10. ...and work gloves.

tb33anda3rd and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  11. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

A drawer full of left handed gloves....

juan motime and wraymen like this.
  12. No tailight's required in your state huh..must be nice

13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always thought it would be a cool idea to hang tail lights, turn signals, marker lights, headlights, etc, from the ceiling of the garage crapper and have them all turn on from the wall switch.

Chicster, scotty t and pigIRON63 like this.
  14. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I have a problem too. I like to call them smalls like on American Pickers. I always seem to find 3-5 smalls per swapmeet for not much dough and I can't resist. I will not apologize.

20200319_141208.jpg 20151224_154455.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Lepus, KiWinUS and scotty t like this.
  15. 5window

5window

There was a time when the trash barrels at Hershey on the last day would fill the walls of a good sized shop. I know. :)

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_9993.JPG
    LOL my kids got on a give dad socks for Christmas a few years ago and I'll probably never have to buy anymore in my lifetime but the ones that My son's ex gal friend gave me are headed to the shelter with some shirts that don't fit. I never did those socks and don't have to explain where they went anymore.
    I've got the stash of "some days" stuff bought at swapmeets or sales out in the garage and sheds that most guys have as possibilities for future projects or left overs from past projects. A lot of that stuff missed going away when the swap meets were canceled this year.

Then I have the (now real dusty) dust collector collection up on the shelf beside the fireplace including the Danbury mint customs and rods that I blew too much money on and the Batch of Harley mugs that another of my son's exes gave me over the years. Those aren't going any place soon unless I ship one off to a friend who lost everything in a fire a few weeks ago including his Harley and all of his Bike and sailboat trinkets accumulated over 60 years. Then there is the belt buckle collection That I have accumulated over the past 45 years.

17. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

18. Headlights and Taillights are a requirement on a street car not "Trinkets".
    Trinkets are things like chrome acorn nuts, horn ring buttons, chrome generator covers, etc...
    If that's the stuff you like that's O.K. but it not the stuff I am looking for.
    To answer your question I am building a racecar so no need for headlights or taillights.

19. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Got a box in my garage filled with stuff I bought at swap meets. Single door handles, single rumble seat hinge, trunk handles that have a lock but no keys etc... It's not just search for things to match, it's now a quest. Funny thing is I've come across matches and such for items I've picked up. Even if it takes a couple of decades between finds.