Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical C1 Corvette performance upgrades

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by C1/C2Guy, Oct 6, 2020.

1. You've got to upgrade to dual air meters 2018-02-05 13.11.16.jpg

Deuces, ottoman, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  2. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Deuces, loudbang and enloe like this.
  3. Hellz no i found that pic on the interwebz!

Deuces, loudbang, enloe and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

63 Impala SS with fuel injection 001.jpg I ran across an old picture of my 63 Impala SS with a 300 HP 327 that I put the Rochester fuel injection off a 57 Chevy. It ran pretty damn good and whistled pretty loudly without the stock air filter and silencer that wouldn't fit under that flat hood of the 63!

Deuces, loudbang, enloe and 2 others like this.
  5. Here's a little abstract artwork I did a while back that might put a smile on your face.

41.jpg

6. There was a 64 impala around here with rochester injection. The story was a guy bought himself an injected vette and his wife an impala new in 64. Not long after that vette died prematurely so the injection was swapped over to the impala. In the last 10 years or so the impala died on a garage fire:(

Deuces, loudbang, enloe and 2 others like this.
  7. C1/C2Guy

C1/C2Guy
    from Utah

As far as road racing C1's, here's one. Bernie Chodosh 59 Corvette.
    Bernie's Sport Racing & V8s -3.jpg

Bernie's Sport Racing & V8s -22.jpg
    I'm not sure but I think his son has one that is street driven also. Both cars look a lot alike but I think they are two different cars
    Bernie's Sport Racing & V8s -14.jpg

8. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Wow, that thing sits low! I’d like to know what all they did to set it up! IMG_3261.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. There is another down side to PDFs that a lot of guys don't know. A PDF packing a virus will often get past a virus scan.

NOTE this is not reflection on the group of members posting here.

My favorite old school mod to a first gen Corvette for weight transfer has been mentioned a simple block between the cross member and frame. I also like to see a Ford axle with a cross leaf on a Corvette. You do not see it much and it is a cool setup

@rumblegutz that is a sweet old vette right there man. Smooth as silk

10. C1/C2Guy

C1/C2Guy
    from Utah

I agree... I thought about doing that on my 56. As I researched it however, I think the problem is the cross leaf or transverse spring set up will get in the way of the engine unless the engine is set back probably 4" or more. My firewall is pretty good so I don't think I want to cut it to move my engine back. I do like the looks of that set up though. Looks like Hayseed did it that way and I really like that car! Vette hayseed 4.jpg

11. I think they used to use a spring in front setup. Now you got my creative juices flowing, I wonder how hard it would be to run quarter elips. Hmmmmmnnnnnn

I do understand not wanting to hack up the firewall. I have seen a few 56/57 corvette dragsters, I am not sure that I have seen a GM powered car with the motor buried in the cowl.

Deuces, loudbang and 31hotrodguy like this.
  12. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Hey, has anybody heard from Jim (vetterod62)? Hope he is doing okay?

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  13. vetrod62

vetrod62

Not to worry, I am OK. My 5 year plan to retire became a reality last month. For several months prior to that, I spent preparing to put the house up for sale, which required all my time. My two 1962 vettes are in storage, all my car stuff is in other storage, All my home stuff in still another storage until I find a home here in SW Florida. Basically I am homeless and corvette-less for now. I am now staying at my daughters home in Sanibel for now.

I have limited access to the internet, I only have a laptop that the HAMB does not recognize, and keeps dropping my login. But I will keep trying to check in.

31hotrodguy, thanks for asking, Jim

enloe, scotty t, 31hotrodguy and 2 others like this.
  14. jimdillon

jimdillon

You will be livin the life in short order Jim. Retired with constant sunshine and exercising the Vettes on the quarter mile does not sound all bad. I am looking out my window with a bit of snow on the ground-I am sure that is only a memory to yourself. Happy New Year.

enloe, rod1, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I have free storage for any Black vette, for the summer!

enloe and loudbang like this.
  16. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I'm inspired. There's a "60" with a hardtop 2.5 miles from my house. I might just have to inquire about. It was already a drag car so I wouldn't be wreaking a nice one.

elgringo71, enloe, scotty t and 3 others like this.
  17. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Jim, that sounds like a good plan! Glad to hear you are doing good!

Scott

enloe and loudbang like this.
  18. vetrod62

vetrod62

Thanks for the reply, Jim. Not all that good here. It only was 65* here to day, but it is supposed to heat up soon.
    The big problem is there are no good homes to buy, All those damn Northern State peoples are fleeing to here. We are on our 2nd area of looking about 200 miles South to find final home for us. We will keep up the fight so I can get my cars own here, Jim H

loudbang and 31hotrodguy like this.
  19. vetrod62

vetrod62

Thanks for the offer, but my biggest competitor in the North Jersey Out Laws offered me Storage at his place
    .I wonder how long it will take him to take my car a part to see how it runs?/???. Jim

20. vetrod62

vetrod62

Go for it, My last build was a Survivor car, never regretted it. Saved a ton of money doing it that way. Jim

loudbang, scotty t and 31hotrodguy like this.
  21. vetrod62

vetrod62

Thanks Scott, keep up your build, if you have any questions or problems, let me help, if I can. It is easier to build it right the first time rather than breaking all kinds of stuff. Good Luck, Jim

22. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

loudbang likes this.
  23. JOHN H EDGE

JOHN H EDGE

C45723FF-62D8-45B4-974D-1823B179710A.jpeg 359BCE22-D882-4E7C-9ED0-33153E3890C9.jpeg Took off the full hub caps and put on the correct steel wheels and tires with the big brake hub caps. Had been an old drag car in an early life. Think she looks better than ever. Sometimes less is more

Svenski, loudbang, jimdillon and 4 others like this.
  24. noboD

noboD

With black tires that looks perfect!!

25. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

When you say correct steel wheels are they 15x5.5 or 15x5?

26. Definitely has that RPO 687 look to it :D

loudbang likes this.
  27. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

If I had to guess from the picture I’d say 15x5.

loudbang likes this.
  28. jimdillon

jimdillon

That is the way a stock looking black 62 Vette is supposed to look IMO.

29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am right there with you Jim :)

31hotrodguy and loudbang like this.
  30. Looking to modify my 60 chassis and need measurements of the frame in the engine compartment.
    A print with all of the frame dimensions would be of a great help. Plan is to change the rear axle to a Ford 9" and front suspension to either to aftermarket Mustang II or dropped I beam. Can't get to the car right now and want to brainstorm possibilities.
    Movin/on