Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1932 Ford clutch arm?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by gotthard, Oct 23, 2020.

1. gotthard

gotthard

I got this and was told it is a 32 clutch arm. It has with 4.875 the length of a early clutch arm, but it sits on a strange angle. Does someone know this item?[​IMG]

Gesendet von iPhone mit H.A.M.B.

2. alchemy

alchemy

All the 32 arms I've seen have a bend in them. Could yours be from a RHD car?

flatford39 likes this.
  3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hi, if memory serves the difference in angle is due to it being from a right hand drive car, O-Z or Great Britain...
    A customer had a '32 arm, I had to 'reshape' it to use it in his left hand drive '34 roadster. ('39 pedals)

4. xix32

xix32

That looks more like a `39. A `32 would be about the same length, but would require an offset form to pass between the pedals. If you bent a `39 to shape it like a `32 it would then be too short. This photo is of a homemade `32 type,
    along side of a `39.
    `32 clutch arm & `39.JPG

5. gotthard

gotthard

Thank you very much for the comments. It could actually be from a british 32 RHD. That would explain the odd angle. The question is, can it be made to fit a LHD? I never saw a early 32 style configuration with a stright 4.875“ lever [​IMG][​IMG]

Gesendet von iPhone mit H.A.M.B.

6. alchemy

alchemy

I can assure you it's not a regular American early arm. My sedan has an early arm and it looks exactly like the second from the left in the pic above. What's the PN on your arm? Maybe it's from a big truck application if it's not a RHD.

7. Big truck ( BB ) uses the same arm as passenger cars in the many trucks that I have seen over the years.

stillrunners likes this.