Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods John DeLorean 1932 Ford Roadster ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paul55, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Maybe it's just me...but before I list something for sale, I like to clean things up a bit, and organize the photographs so they make sense and actually look like something. In most of the ebay pictures, it looks like a shovel and dumpster might be the first tools necessary to actually see what you're buying/bought.

Don't get me wrong...cool car, I'd love to own it and if I tripped on it at a point where the owner had no expectation of a sale, I would be all over it and the stuff around and in it! I just expect a little more upfront effort from an owner actually trying to sell.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  2. Fordors

Fordors

And the update also makes no further mention of John DeLorean. So did he, or didn’t he?

6inarow likes this.
  3. 5window

5window

Well, we've gone from really sad with no title to really sad. Progress,I guess.

6inarow and Peter Nowak like this.
  4. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Not only that, but apparently the three window is long gone, so how old are these pictures?

loudbang, anothercarguy and 5window like this.
  5. 5window

5window

The photos are the ones in the Ebay ad , so yes,what are you buying? The bid is a bit over $23K with just under a day to go and no reserve? Who sells a Deuce without a reserve?

6. KKrod

KKrod

I think that it does have a reserve. When it was first listed it had a buy it now price. Then within a few hours the buy it now went away and it was noted that the buyer lowered the reserve. I don't believe the reserve has been met yet. Anyway, I feel a bit for the seller. Seems like he doesn't really know who to sell it to and for how much.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. 5window

5window

It's hard to imagine a '32 that decreased in value every year,but i think this one did.

8. 5window

5window

Sold for $24,199.00

9. ^^^^^^^
    P.T. Barnum was right.....

6inarow, Gasser 57 and Fordors like this.
  10. 5window

5window

By the time you patch every thing, you have more foreign steel in it than Henry's. It will be like George Washington's original axe with only the handle and head replaced.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  11. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Does anyone have a way to contact George DeLorean about this ?

uncle buck likes this.
  12. KKrod

KKrod

Sale must have fallen thru.

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I went threw my stack of 50 or so magazines. Couldn`t find it. Thinkin it was a pre 54 magazine with coverage of a show in Indiana, maybe Indy. Had a pic and his name. Bottom and on the right hand side. Oh well.

14. golferforpar

golferforpar
    from Wisc

[​IMG]

-Brent- likes this.
  15. 5window

5window

Has it been re-listed?

16. KKrod

KKrod

I was a bidder in the initial auction. I was offered a second chance offer a few days ago which I decided to pass on.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  17. 5window

5window

Ah, thanks. How much did they want? Have you actually seen the condition the car is in now?

18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. KKrod

KKrod

I did not see the car. They offered me below the price it sold at. The offer expired several days ago. That's all I know. I hope someone will eventually post current pictures of the roadster. It does look like a good deal to me.

20. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The e-bay listing which is now expired had a bunch of photos. It was pretty crusty underneath probably needed all lower panels and floor, granted it is a 32 roadster. The garage must have had some moisture issues.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. 5window

5window

Quite right, but as noted, the coupe on top had already been sold which led me to believe they weren't current photos and the reality was even worse.

wandi harry likes this.
  22. ... My buddy bought that 3 window 7 years ago ... It cleaned up nice ... He tried to make a deal on the roadster .. but said it was pretty rough ...

Attached Files:

23. 5window

5window

That is nice. Thanks.

1935streetrod likes this.
  24. KKrod

KKrod

Per the ebay seller, the pictures are of the current condition and location with exception of the picture which shows the 3w coupe with the roadster.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. 5window

5window

Right, and they do seem to be of a later vintage-more deterioration. Almost worth crying about. Just ran into a case here with a vehicle quickly rusting into oblivion. It's been sitting for years, but the owner-obese, old and debilitated will
    not sell any of the few remaining usable bits because he will "fix it up one day".

26. I just watched the new video from this morning and it seams Matt from Iron Trap Garage bought this roadster

nunattax, A Boner, Deadbird and 3 others like this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

28. dek

dek
    from uk

matts had a good year with some of his car finds, cant wait to see the build

29. 5window

5window

Only watched part so far, but it looks like quite an adventure. Glad the car will be saved.

30. Thomas K.

Thomas K.

Great video. Me and a friend went to look at some lathes about 20 years ago and saw those 2 cars. We were told the story about John DeLorean owning the roadster. He wouldn't sell either one at the time. Very nice man.