Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Oldsmobile trailer car

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by flyin flattie, Oct 13, 2020.

1. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

So I’ll keep it quick and simple. I have a customer come to me that has a two door 55 olds and a parts car 4 door and he wanted to do something silly and cool to be different at local gather ups. So we came up with this. Kind of a silly trailer hover car looking thing. Basically two identical cars just one is a trailer, the plus side for me is I’m in the middle of starting my 48 olds futuramic 98 and a lot of the parts are interchangeable or an upgrade so that’s a huge plus! Basically cut up and car and made something kinda cool. I honestly hated the idea until it came to life and then I was pleasantly surprised with how it all mapped out. The X member will be perfect for the hitch too once it’s dropped 6”. I plan on adding a big 1/4 x 3 square tube to the front in a T to add strength and tongue weigh. Hope y’all dig it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

[​IMG]

Here’s a quick picture of the 48 futuramic can’t wait to get the brakes freshened up and a fuel line ran to have some fun since I got it to pop off the other day! Sounds surprisingly good!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  4. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lots of work ,looks cool.Dig the fastback.

5. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I find it interesting, it will look great with the matching 55 Olds 2 door pulling it down the road.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  6. wulf powis

wulf powis

Pretty cool, are you considering reversing the trunk lid hinges to give a full box for the trailer?
    Thats a great idea, look forward to seeing the finished product.

mouse action likes this.
  7. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

Gonna make an awesome trailer, would look good with a suicide hood and trunk,

8. That's pretty cool, I missed it the first time around, looking forward to see what's next. HRP