Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 Build Pt16: Rear Axle. 59 Flatty Pt10: Liner. Plus Classics at Gaydon!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Mart

Mart

Hello! Welcome to some more nonsense from Mart's Messy garage. In part 1, I discover more problems with the 59 Flatty. I do some machining to recover the situation. Check out how that went. In part 2 we take a ride in Geoff's '55 Zephyr 6 to the classic gathering at Gaydon. Not a massive event, but a good way to spend an evening. In part 3 I sort of accidentally started looking at the rear axle on the 32. Not too much on that, but the axle, driveshaft, torque tube and radius rods will be featured heavily in upcoming episodes so stick around if that's your kind of thing. Thanks for dropping in, I'll catch you on the next one. Please click like, leave a comment, and give me a sub. Share on social media, too. Give this thread a bump too. It all helps get the word out. Cheers then, Mart.

2. Mart

Mart

Giving it a bump for Saturday.

3. dudley32

dudley32

Sunday a.m. bump...good one Mart...

4. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

For some reason I really like watching you bore that old flatty. It's relaxing.

5. Mart

Mart

Thanks Dudley.
    Yeah, Monkey, I enjoy using the boring machine. It's a well built piece, proper vintage quality.

Inked Monkey likes this.
  6. SR100

SR100

That Thornycroft is a T-Head. Only one valve is visible. There's another on the other side under that second spark plug.. An early way to get crossflow, at the expense of adding another cam in the sump. Anyway, here's a bump for you.

Mart likes this.
  7. Mart

Mart

That's very interesting. Yes, now I look again there are only 4 pushrods on that side. Good eye, Sir!