Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bob Regehr Car collection auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Oct 13, 2020.

1. hudson48

hudson48

It turns out the inventor of the bounce house was a secret car enthusiast. Bob Regehr stashed away hundreds of cars (and a few tractors) before his death in September 2019, and 140 of them are now up for grabs. The massive collection will be sold off by VanDerBrink Auctions on October 24.

Regehr began collecting cars when he was just 14 years old, buying a 1940 Mercury. He later became a car salesman, and then opened a Texaco station, in order to be around cars. The gas station made some money, allowing Regehr to make offers when cars he liked rolled in for a fill-up.

In 1968, Regehr got the idea to put a cover over a trampoline, debuting his creation at the 1968 Chicago World's Fair. That invention led to financial success, allowing Regehr to further indulge his passion for cars.
    Hot Rod published a story on the collection in 2009, reporting that Regehr had 226 cars and a stash of N.O.S. parts stored in various buildings. At the time, Regehr had reportedly lost track of what he had, which might explain why the collection was pared down over the ensuing decade.

Regehr had a thing for Fords, with over 50 Blue Oval vehicles included in the sale. His favorite model was the 1932 Ford, and a wide variety of body styles are represented in the collection. That includes two rare B400 two-door convertible sedans, which were originally United States Embassy cars in Europe, according to the 2009 Hot Rod story.

General Motors and Chrysler are represented as well, with several Corvettes, a 1972 Pontiac GTO, and a 1955 Dodge Coronet Hemi included in the auction. Several tractors and an assortment of parts and old toys are being auctioned off as well.
    Video Clip
    Mostly HAMB friendly cars.

2. Yep...posted about his collection when it first came to auction news - some three dozen 1932's I believe along with lots of 32 stuff - like an NOS fender in the crate ? Early bidding is hot and heavy.....good luck guys !

3. ken bogren

ken bogren

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020

5. Budget36

Budget36

6. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

There are some "rumors" that there have been some covid spikes in the Hutchinson, KS area. Would not be surprised if its postponed... I hope not, plan to be there for it.

Joe Blow, VANDENPLAS and stillrunners like this.
  7. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Posted almost identical description and same videos about two months ago and a mod deleted the thread.:rolleyes:
    My home town and knew Bob.....lived down the street from me. Avid collector and just a great guy.

8. BJR

BJR

That Buick Skyliner she keeps talking about is a really rare car. They made 0 of them. Buick did make a Skylark, which is the car she kept calling a Skyliner though. I just love it when the self appointed experts show what dorks they really are.

9. Nice !!!!

sad to say but as these older car guys with deep pockets and massive collections pass.
    With more and more cars coming to market and parts prices are gonna drop.
    Maybe I’ll be able to afford that steel willys or 32 ford without selling my house , kidney and ass!!

10. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I could do there would be to walk around the collection with a woody as I sure as hell couldn't bid on anything!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  11. hudson48

hudson48

Hemi32 thanks for the videos.

chryslerfan55 and HEMI32 like this.
  12. dlw1932

dlw1932
    from Nebraska

13. dlw1932

dlw1932
    from Nebraska

Some photos I took today. Wind was blowing and cold!!

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and dan31 like this.
  14. dlw1932

dlw1932
    from Nebraska

15. dlw1932

dlw1932
    from Nebraska

16. I've been watching the online bidding. I don't think I'll be buying anything. :) I wanted to go look today but had a family obligation that took precedent. I've been to 2 of these estate sales in the last 5 years. The exp. is always enjoyable. I like it better than looking in museums. :)

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great to look at, I'm sure the former owner liked finding & having them. Think the B-400 and Roadster Pickup will bring the most. I'd like to have the Sport Coupe, just because they are rare and I like the look. Bob

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    VANDENPLAS likes this.
  18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

When a big auction comes to town. There are many cars that show up that are for sale around auction grounds. Looks like the roadster pick-up is just one of them.

The37Kid and stillrunners like this.
  19. Yep....never saw it as part of his collection........

20. dlw1932

dlw1932
    from Nebraska

The 32 RPU was in the parking area for sale on a trailer and was not part of the sale. Very nice car with the right parts it even looked to have NOS rear fenders. The rumor is that it sold already.

The37Kid likes this.
  21. No bargains today. The best B400 was almost $108,000 with prem.

The37Kid and olscrounger like this.
  22. ................OUCH!

23. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

The annual Rodders swap meet, that's been running for years, is at the fairgrounds this weekend also.......so you'll find a lot of other vehicles and parts not associated with this auction. I'm sure the auction was set for this date because of it.

stillrunners and VANDENPLAS like this.
  24. And he had two of them! and some Ford experts claim there were only 884 B-400's built. HRP

nochop likes this.
  25. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just got back from the auction. I thought cars and parts were bringing good money for the times. The players were both there in person and on line. The 32 thru 40 cars brought good money to my way of thinking. I didn't stay for the later model cars but I checked on line and I thought they were also selling good but what do I know?

dlw1932, stillrunners and The37Kid like this.
  26. Total for online bidding: $2,287,335.
    With buyers prem: $2,493,195
    Net buyers prem: $205,860
    How's that? :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    The37Kid likes this.
  27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Decimal points have always been helpful.:rolleyes:

Thanks! !Phone user, right?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    blowby likes this.
  28. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

No cents in those numbers.

slug likes this.
  29. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Cool Fun. Got to open doors, walk around, sit in a few. Way more fun than a museum. For an hour drive, & free fun, I bought a pair of 32 coupe fenders. My brother did a pickup load of smalls.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

mgtstumpy, Squablow, KiWinUS and 3 others like this.
  30. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy likes this.