Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP ... Fat Jack Robinson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HEMI32, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Curt Six

Curt Six

I never had the chance to meet Fat Jack, but I clearly remember seeing cars like the Hoffman roadster and the ‘46 and just being so stoked. And I’ve also heard plenty of stories about his antics and wry sense of humor. @Roger O'Dell I can’t remember if it was you or Gary McNaught that told me about one time later in Larry Watson’s life when he was decked out in Watson gear head to toe...hat, shirt and everything else. He walked into Fat Jack’s shop and Jack goes, “Hey, any of you guys seen Watson?” and Larry just fell out laughing. Sad that so many legends and seriously solid guys aren’t around anymore. My condolences to the Robinson family.

2. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

As a car guy you watch for trend setter builds and Fat Jack always hit the mark.
    RIP

Hamtown Al and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. @Curt Six - If I recall correctly, you wrote a piece in TRJ about the Hoffman roadster ... I don’t recall which issue ... but please feel free to share any pics or info you have about one of my favorite “Fat Jack” builds.

4. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I was treated by a visit from Johnny Rotten a couple of days ago, it went 4 hours. I learned a lot about Jack's life and how he started out, along with stories of his fellow car builders from that era, quite a history lesson. John has relatives a couple hills over from me, it was nice of him to stop by.

5. Tony Drago

Tony Drago

Was very sorry to hear of Jacks passing. Went to the same high school as Jack. Jack was 6 years ahead of me. Living in Hawaiian Gardens CA. was a blast. A good friend (Gary Humenick) asked if I would take him to see a friend. Little did I know his friend was Jack. The rest is history. I had a 57 Chevy. With in a short time Jack built rebuilt my small block. He said how you have runner under the hood. Well he was right. The PG lasted 2 days. I rounded all the necessary parts and converted to 4 speed. Jack was a good person. He told it like it was. After moving form HG. I saw him a few times though out the years. R.I.P. Jack. Thank you for building me the fastest mouse motor in high school.

catdad49 likes this.
  6. sshep

sshep
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RIP Jack. Condolences to his family and friends. Loved his builds and the fact he raced some of em too! He put the "Hot" in Hot Rod.