Register now to get rid of these ads!

History J. C. Whitney Catalog

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoodanny, Apr 8, 2010.

1. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

To the best of my knowledge. J.C. Whitney no longer exists , bought out ,name deleted , gone ! In the 60's you could buy NOS OEM Parts over the counter for 1930's up vehicles . They were still in Chicago & we used to drive in on sat mornings with our lists , saved boatloads of money .It would take about 15 gal of gas up & back (160 miles)@ $.25 per gallon , 3or 4 of us would ride in together. Great parts , great fun !

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Slopok and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  2. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

The name still exists, they're strictly an online presence now. https://www.carparts.com/jcwhitney/

Why did JC Whitney move to CarParts.com?

We want to provide you with the best auto parts shopping experience, which is why JC Whitney has a new home at CarParts.com. This will allow us to better serve our customers, thanks to the newly redesigned CarParts.com website—it's faster, more user-friendly, and completely mobile responsive.

JC Whitney and CarParts.com are both subsidiaries of the same parent company, U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc., so you can expect the same competitive pricing on direct-fit, top-quality automotive parts.

3. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haven't seen the Warshawski name in years. My Polish grandfather had catalogs in that name. Not Whitney. Always thought it was two different company's selling the same stuff. I guess when you are a kid, you can make anything make sense?? Gene.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  4. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I’m thinking Warshawsky was spelled this way if my memory is functioning.:rolleyes:

Slopok and Stu D Baker like this.
  5. Slopok

Slopok

Remember the guys outside that tried to sell you a cashmere sweater or wanna buy a watch kid???

6. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

In about 1979 I bought a new seat cover for my 66 Chevy pickup from a Warshawski catalogue. Excellent fit and quality. Over the years I bought a few things from JCW, the last being a 25’ roll of 1/4” steel brake line and a double flaring kit. That was 2005, I think. The brake line was good, but the flaring tool was crap.