Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1950 Ford Tudor Rear Wiring harness

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Chop50, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Chop50

Chop50

Hi All,
    I have my 50 Ford Sedan wired up but am looking for the best wiring route to the rear of the car, lights, fuel sender, etc. This is a custom Speedway harness being installed in a chopped car (avatar image). Did the original harness travel along the inside of the roof somehow? If so how would it travel up the A pillar? Inside the pillar, outside the pillar? Inside is unlikely as the car is chopped and will have spot lights.
    Thanks, Steve

2. goldmountain

goldmountain

Just tape your wires to a piece of mechanic's wire or welding rod, coat hanger, and pull it through the pillar. I prefer that to running them along the floor.

3. JROTTEN

JROTTEN

originally it went inside the driver side a pillar, and ran the length of the roof and down the inside of the c pillar and into the trunk.

4. Inside the A pillar, along the top of the door frame on the driver's side.

5. Originally they go up the A pillar as stated above. I rewired mine last winter and added some circuits and couldn't get the harness to pull through. I found a reasonable path under the carpet, under the back seat and into the LH side of the trunk. I was able to put the harness for the dome (pillar) lights up top to both sides though. :)

6. Chop50

Chop50

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the tips, I was able to fish the rear harness up through the A Pillar and run it along the roof then down the C Pillar and into the trunk. Put a piece of TIG wire down through the A Pillar then taped each of the wires and pulled them one at a time. Much neater.
    Steve