Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your favorite music to cruise to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Jul 21, 2009.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

more Taj Farrant. he is an old black guy re incarnated to bring back the blues.

LowKat and Deuces like this.
  2. hallrods

hallrods

The Firm, CCR, Bad Finger, Eddie Cochran, The Guess Who, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, The Hollies, Everly Brothers,

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  3. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Sly reminds me of those early days when my buddy's were coming home from Nam saying that was one hell of a party over there....

Deuces and warhorseracing like this.
  4. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lately, it has been a mixture of Hank III, The Dead South, Old crow Medicine Show, and the Trailerpark Troubadours

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. I would probably like to listen to some 60s music if I had a radio or player in one of my cars. But none of them work so I listen to the engine.

Charlie K, Elcohaulic and Deuces like this.
  6. Deuces

Deuces

I like anything with some "cowbell" in it!....;)

LowKat likes this.
  7. CA. 280

CA. 280

Jerry Jeff Walker and the Lost Gonzo Band. RIP Jerry, died 3 days ago.

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and LowKat like this.
  8. hallrods

hallrods

Piss'in in the wind!

Deuces and LowKat like this.
  9. CA. 280

CA. 280

He finally got off "of that L.A. freeway"

Deuces likes this.
  10. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-11-6_4-32-37.png
    Cab Driver

Hello,

Ever since we bought this CD, it was on our playlist during our coastal cruises and then for our cross country road trips. It is a rare album for many years until the producers decided to make an mp3 version. Now, it is on several streaming services. But, when we bought the original CD, it was normally priced. The songs were some of the best music from Daryl Hall, by himself. That guy is a creative genius.

The whole playlist is fabulous and on our USA road trips, it made the drive through the countryside palatable. Whether it was barren desert, empty bush country or packed downtown cities. The music was made for cruising, for us to visit the old home grounds in OKC and other places of interest. After those road trips, we played it in and around our house, the other sporty car and we even played it in our garage CD/cassette/AM/FM/stereo player…remember those?

Jnaki

Then one day, our friend heard the songs and said that CD is rare, as it now costs way too much to buy over the counter or from Amazon. We couldn’t be happier as it was a fabulous album. But, on our last lengthy road trip, we accidently left the CD in the car’s player. We drove the station wagon everywhere and when we were ready to get a larger station wagon for our then, infant granddaughter, we traded in the old station wagon for a newer one.

We were so happy for the new spacious station wagon. Our son was also glad we had a larger station wagon, too. They were in the realm of "larger is better." So our son and his wife thought nothing of the two grandparents wheeling their own "newborn" daughter all over So Cal anytime.

But, as good as the Daryl Hall CD was, it became a "missing in action" album. We could not figure out where it was. We called the trade in dealer to check the old station wagon’s cd player, but the station wagon was already gone to used car heaven and was no longer on the lot. We searched high and low. The last time we heard it was on our USA road trip and then we traded in the station wagon for another. So, it must have been in the station wagon's CD player

So, for the next several years, we could not listen to our favorite cruising music, until one day someone got the great idea of creating an mp3 version for the masses. New technology comes to the rescue, again.

Can’t Stop Dreaming

All By Myself

and a classic remixed:

She’s Gone

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020