Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Northwest Arkansas Dave Kelsey RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arkiehotrods, Oct 23, 2020.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

A lot of hot rodders in northwest Arkansas knew Dave Kelsey, who passed away October 10th after a long battle with multiple myeloma. Dave moved to Fayetteville from New Jersey more than 40 years ago and owned a number of car-related businesses over the years, including Domino's Auto Clinic, Kelsey's Texaco, Dave Kelsey's Performance Automotive and Hobby Shop Auto Repair where he worked on hot rods, customs and "old stuff" as he put it. He also raced his '62 Plymouth Fury at the HAMB drags back when it first started.

Dave's memorial service is going to be Monday, October 26 at 11:00 a.m. at St John Lutheran Church, on the northwest corner of Crossover and Towship (2730 E. Township St). His sons have requested that his friends drive their hot rods and customs and "old stuff" to the service and then participate in a procession to the cemetery (Fairview) about a mile and a half from the church.

Dave worked on a lot of cars for a lot of people over the years, and it seems this would be a fitting way for us to show our appreciation.
    If you're a car guy in northwest Arkansas, please pass this info on to others and if you can drive your ride to the service, please do so.
    I know several on the HAMB knew Dave well, such as @Nicholas Coe and @dan griffin
    Spread the word, guys! Thanks in advance!

2. Sounds like he was a stand up guy, I don't believe that I ever met him. May he rest in peace.

arkiehotrods likes this.
  3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to his Family and friends - my Sister passed away from Multiple Myeloma - terrible cancer to try to deal with

arkiehotrods likes this.
  6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

A bump for NWA Hambers who might not have seen this on Friday

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Sorry to hear - reads like a guy you'd want to be friends with....god speed Dave.......

arkiehotrods likes this.
  8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

When Dave was told he was not going to recover, he closed his shop and sold off his cars and tools. He had a '62 Plymouth Fury that he'd owned for over 30 years. He blew up the engine drag racing a few years back and decided to tear it all apart and rebuild it. He got it torn apart but not back together, and he sold it to a friend who tried to get it back together before Dave passed, replacing the 440 with a Hemi. He didn't quite get it finished in time, but he did bring it to the service this morning, in the rain, and when he fired it up, the ground shook. Here's a few photos. Quite a few guys drove their hot rods and old cars in the pouring rain as a tribute to Dave; it was pretty cool!
    20201026_093410 (1).jpg 20201026_093440.jpg 20201026_093428.jpg

9. dan griffin

dan griffin

Dave was a good racer friend,he lent me his trailer so I could go run at bakersfield 15 years ago.

arkiehotrods likes this.