Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects selling a '35 headlight, shipping tip

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by sloppy jalopies, Oct 22, 2020.

1. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

got a '35-'37 truck headlight,
    anyway, if any of you get glossy paper political adds in the mail save them all...
    they are perfect for the little extra padding when shipping stuff that needs a little more protection... between chrome parts...etc.
    don't forget those cam"pain" corregated plastic signs along the road... they are perfect to trim and tape to both sides of your radiator while under construction...
    they are free November 4th...

ekimneirbo likes this.
  2. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I save a bunch of the glossy political ads for mixing 2 part epoxy on. Also pickup all the left over election signs. Use the metal rods for all kinds of hooks, etc
    or repurpose the entire sign for yard sale signs or whatever. A buddy uses them for target practice in the boon docks.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  3. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

I never take the rods... they can reuse them next position they run for... just the signs...

4. 19Fordy

19Fordy

When I ship a headlight, I triple box it with plenty of stuffing and styrofoam.

kidcampbell71 and scrap metal 48 like this.

5. I have sold many headlights in the past. I take the rims and lenses off as a set, pack them separately, and stack the buckets with padding between them. Never had a problem with breakage.