Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features No it's not !!!! Wrong ! Cmon ! A what!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigmac48, Aug 16, 2020.

1. I'm not too far behind you! :eek::rolleyes::D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. jroberts

jroberts

If you are not 70 yet you're not as old as me. :D

3. Got flat out told my Chev roadster was in fact a T roadster and I shouldn't be calling it is a Chev, didn't bother telling him I had an actual 1927 T roadster body at home.

lothiandon1940 and Montana1 like this.
  4. Talking with a guy recently and he insisted quite strongly that Corvettes had 6 cylinder versions up to the early 70s'. In fact, he said, nearly half of all those Corvettes were 6 cylinder! I asked "Are you sure about that?" He was insistent as I say and added it was a fact "Not many people realise ."
    I expressed my wonder and left it at that.

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I was sitting in my shoebox at Paso several years ago. A guy comes up to the car and says, "I just love Studebakers." I said, "I like 'em too, but this is a Ford."

!Lindsay.DM07c.jpg
    Dave Lindsay photo

6. X-cpe

X-cpe

I know I am older (70+), but old is a moving target that I keep falling short of.

vtx1800, lothiandon1940 and Montana1 like this.
  7. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Also known as a "short-roof Sedan Delivery".

lothiandon1940 and chevy57dude like this.
  8. gene-koning

gene-koning

The 1st hot rod I ever built was a 35 Dodge 2 door trunkless sedan. I had people always wanting to inform me my car was a Ford sedan, not a Dodge. It was so bad, I had to find an old advertising page from a 1935 Life Magazine showing the availability of a 35 Dodge 2 door trunkless sedan to carry with me to car shows. Dodge only built 6,000 1935 Dodge 2 door trunkless sedans, they built a lot of 4 door trunkless sedans though.

9. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Genoa_09_Picnic.jpg six pics 002 (1280x1024).jpg My 33's license plate is " RARE 33" I have heard the comment more than once " It's not RARE , it's a Ford ". The reason I chose that plate is that my 33 bodystyle was never a factory production model as the convertible sedan was discontinued after 1932 B400 . Can be embarrassing unless I can explain what is unusual about it.

10. So, would that have been a C400? :D:cool:

lothiandon1940 and Dave Mc like this.
  11. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Yes Montana , at least that is what I'd call it . someone said C404 ( Fordor )

clem, vtx1800, 31Apickup and 2 others like this.
  12. cshades

cshades
    from wi

i had to laugh at this, when i first started driving my 41 chevy coupe i had people ask me how long i had owned it and i always replied i bought it new. they would give me a funny look and walk away. i was 37

Driver50x and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

Two older gals are looking at my A at a gas station, one says "I really like your car, it looks cool." I replied "Thanks, it's a lot of fun" Her friend says "But there's no back seat." I gave them a grin and a wink and said "That's cause all the thrills are in front! They blushed and giggled like they probably hadn't in years.

14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Had an old boss tell me that my 4 door 55 would be sharp if it was a two dooro_O
    He had good intentions but I didnt know whether to take it as a complement or a insult:D

15. .......When it's your boss you just say thanks and walk away.:D

X-cpe, Jim Bouchard and LAROKE like this.
  16. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the early 80's after a divorce all I had to drive was the 38 Chevy coupe. Iowa is not warm in the winter but it had a good heater. I needed to attend a meeting about an hour away at the "head shed" so the guy I worked with rode with me to the meeting, I guess he thought old cars were neat too:) We got there and my boss and another manager came out to look over the car and I asked them for a raise so I could get a better car:)

I've had people ask what year my 38 is and after I tell them I also say "I bought it new":) They look sorta funny and don't say much more. I was born in the 40's if you were wondering:)

R A Wrench and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

At a stoplight once a guy asks me "Does your grandpa know you're out driving his car?" Hell, I'm 60 and look it. A car would have been a rare site in grandpap's day. I just told him "Yeah, he wanted me to tune it up and wash it." Another one at a car cruise; "What kinda engine is that? I thought it was a 383 Dodge, but then I seen the "GM" on the head" I reply "65 Olds" him; "It sure looks like a Dodge, I didn't know Olds had V-8s back then" back when? in '29 or '65?

18. atomickustom

atomickustom

When I was a kid my dad had a '36 Buick coupe in bare metal in our garage. A guy stopped and asked if my dad wanted to sell that Ford coupe. I told him it's a Buick, not a Ford. He says "just get your dad."
    This dude then spent the next 20 minutes "informing" my dad that his 1936 Buick was absolutely positively a 1936 Ford coupe.
    Even as a kid I wondered how anyone could be so stupid. He left thinking we were the stupid ones!

(I would absolutely LOVE it if someone told a story about a '36 Ford coupe they saw in the '70s that some jerk believed was a Buick!)

Beanscoot likes this.
  19. verde742

verde742

still get the 46-48 Ford bit....... IMG_5065.jpg

WC145, mgtstumpy, dan c and 1 other person like this.
  20. fordflambe

fordflambe

This thread is very enlightening! Especially when you see some of the comments about more common/popular years and bodies..................And over all the years, I just thought it was the oddball cars I owned.

21. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Had a guy in his mid thirties ask what the 3rd pedal in my tri-power stick '57 Pontiac was for. Without skipping a beat I told him it was an anti theft device. He nodded said ''oh'' and walked away. I guess in his case it was.
    KK IMG_0012.jpg

WC145, mgtstumpy, clem and 6 others like this.
  22. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Guy: what kind of car is This?

Me: 1954 Ford Country Squire

Guy: who makes it?

Me: Ford

Guy: really? I didn’t know Ford had been around that long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Michael Savela

Michael Savela

MY goodness that green is amazing! I like the softer (friendlier?) teal on mine, but I'd trade ya in a heartbeat. Just stunning.

24. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Guy: “that car looks fast, is it fast!”

Me: “yep, she’s real fast”

Guy: “v6 or turbo4?”

Me: shakes head and walks away

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  25. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Who did the LS swap for you?

WC145, dan c and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  26. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Thank you. It's been on the car since 1997, and I still love it every time I see it. It's a Cadillac color from the '90s called Polo Green.

27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The corvette spotters guide says the metal ones were all 6 cylinders and 4 lug.

28. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i was checking out a 1st-gen e-100 pickup at a car show and overheard a father telling his son how hard it is to cut the back off a van and make it into a pickup!

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  29. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

at a car show with my dear, departed brother-in-law (who was pretty shaky on pre-1955 cars), watched a '32 ford coupe roll in: "HEY, LOOK! A ZZ-TOPP CAR!" me: "close; it's a ''32." (quizzical look.)

30. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER