Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP ... Fat Jack Robinson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HEMI32, Oct 20, 2020.

1. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

His style of hotrodding came at a time when it was needed. It was always SLICK.......RIP......

2. That orange 46 was a beast...still remember him and Jerry Morelands car in Hot Rod magazine during my younger years...RIP Jack...

Driver50x, Blue One, Thor1 and 6 others like this.
  3. Roothawg

Roothawg

I know as Tman has stated, his cars influenced a whole generation of hot rodders. My condolences to your family.

Tman, Blue One, Thor1 and 5 others like this.
  4. JROTTEN

JROTTEN

Thanks Marty,we appreciate the compliments, John...

5. Well, excuse me, but I'm Chuck Hoffman and would like to know who has my car because I sure don't have it. Sure would love to though.

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

RIP.... Please keep in mind when posting photos that this is the Hamb and pro street cars are off topic (please don't post the 46 coupe)

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to the Robinson family and Friends on the passing of this notable Hotrodder...may he rest in peace...

Thank you @HEMI32 for sharing this loss to the community and additional thanks to the others sharing stories and pics painting Jacks Legacy in the Culture...

Regards, Stogy

8. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

God Speed , Brother . Another great is building with past on Buds in the big garage now .

Stogy, Thor1 and Lil32 like this.
  9. Condolences to all of Jacks Family and Friends. I always loved his builds- always full of subtle details that amounted to a large impact . Perfect stance, and the ability to be driven long and hard were hallmarks of his work.
    Rest In Peace Jack-you were an innovator and an influence to many in our hobby.

Stogy, Blue One, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was at Baylands too and enjoyed Jack’s 46 and Moreland’s 40. According to Al Ventura who drove it unblown it was a handful.

Everyone was in the stands or on the fence when they ran. I remember Gray getting the recreation of his roadster back too....RIP Jack

stillrunners, Tman, bchctybob and 3 others like this.
  11. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

As Mark stated most of the cars that I remember of Jacks are not correct here. BUT when you say HOT ROD you are saying FAT JACK! If it was not for guys like him and Pete and Jake, Eastwood , Mooreland, Boyd, Little John, Two Tall Pat and a guy named Boyce Adciff? and his 32's in the late 70's and 80's a lot of us would not be here! Larry

12. catdad49

catdad49

Iconic cars were his forte. Thanks, Mr. Robinson

Stogy, Thor1 and Lil32 like this.
  13. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear. My condolences to the Robinson family and Jacks friends. God speed, sir.

14. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Stogy, Thor1, lumpy 63 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang, sorry to see that, I always enjoyed following his exploits and his builds.

16. primed34

primed34

17. Magfiend

Magfiend

Damn...hated to hear this...Jack was one of my biggest influences though we never met...I still say "beaned out"!

Godspeed...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Stogy and Thor1 like this.
  18. RIP, That 46 is what got me hooked.. Thoughts & Prayers to family..

Stogy and Thor1 like this.
  19. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Rest in Peace Jack, you will be missed.

chryslerfan55, Thor1 and Stogy like this.
  20. Fat Jack's builds influenced me big time as a kid. His cars were outstanding.

21. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

Condolences to family.....been a tough year for rodding and music...that '46 and a F-100 he built a few years ago, a stance with purpose!

Thor1 and Stogy like this.
  22. bchctybob

bchctybob

Damn. He certainly was one of that group of talented builders that led hot rodding out of the “Retro-Rod” era and put the hot back in hot rods. So sorry to hear this.
    My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Jack’s 46 was the car that made me notice how cool a fat fender could be, no matter what anybody else thinks about it. RIP Mr Jack.

chryslerfan55, Thor1, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  24. belair

belair

Condolences to the family, he really knew his stuff.

25. God bless Jack and his family.

Thor1 and Stogy like this.
  26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey fellas... Just notified of this this...

First things first: Man, I hate to hear this... I'm not super familiar with Jack's work, but the stuff I have seen is fantastic. Really sad to see he has passed.

Second: Obviously, Jack built some stuff that's not relative to this forum. And we are sticklers... So please be cool to our volunteer moderators if they delete stuff that isn't allowed here. It's an editorial thing - not a personal thing.

Thanks,

Ryan

27. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

RIP Fat Jack. I am confused?

olscrounger likes this.
  28. Wow, at least a couple of the shots of the Orange 46 could have been left up in honor of the man? I mean we have entire threads about stock bodied restorations.

29. alchemy

alchemy

His kids posted, and were insulted that they couldn't show pics of the 46. He called Moriarity names, and got banned.

I can understand the 46 is a pro-street car, but I don't think a few pics or videos on this thread would hurt anything.

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

At this point, I don't know what was deleted or what was said... I just saw him call Morairity names and his username banned.

So, I unbanned the user and both Mark and I have sent him a pm hoping to clear things up.

I'm fine with some images to honor him. I'm not super cool with name calling and what not...

But, I think this was mostly just a misunderstanding. Hopefully, it doesn't derail the thread.