Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical wheel vintiques located in los angeles ca area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by babbitpounder, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Is wheel vintiques still a recognized hamb vender? Herd a rumor one of our members
    had a problem with some bent wheels!
    thanks
    babbit pounder
    john dubois
    (509) 994-3021

2. Now owned by Coker

lurker mick likes this.
  3. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

bought i pair 7x 15, 3 1/2 BS .from jegs .1 had perfect weld the other looked like it ran out of gas during welding.if i was picking up off the counter id have left it,but it had shipped 2,000 miles,disappointed

4. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bandit Billy and Elcohaulic like this.

5. deucemac

deucemac

I went round and round with Wheel Vintiques and got fed up. I called the owner of a major hot rod shop in the LA area and asked who he used. He had problems with Wheel Vintiques also and took all of his business ( which was considerable) to Wheelsmith. So, I went there too. I told them about my problems with Wheel Vintiques and he replied that he loved them because of all the business they drove to him. That was 15 years ago and any wheels that I need, I go to WheelSmith, and recommend them to everyone. So far absolutely no complaints. To be fair I must admit that I have never tried them since Coker bought them out.

6. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

Didn't Coker sell all his businesses except Honest Charlie Speed Equipment to a foreign company?

7. Binkman

Binkman

I have ordered 4 sets of wires over the last 3 years. I always had to wait 3-6 months to get them. The last set I ordered through Summit Racing. That took 10 months. It was one excuse after another. They even sent a set of 17 x 10 wheels to me by mistake. I called Summit, they didn't know anything about them, we conference called WV, they didn't now anything about them.
    I said fine I will keep them.
    15 minutes later Javier from WV called and said they were shipped by mistake. I had to take them into town to the UPS Store for return.
    I finally got my wheels after 10 1/2 months and Summit gave me a 50 dollar gift certificate for my hassles.
    I am done with both companies.
    Summit still shows a 3-4 week delay on the wheels on their site. More like a year.

8. ............I'm sure you didn't mean this as a play on words, but 15 years ago, it was hard to get a round wheel from Wheels Vintique. I got screwed with 2 that were so out of round the front end bounced like a basketball. I learned to check the run-out on all wheels before mounting tires or painting/ powder-coating 'cause after that, they're yours.

alanp561 likes this.
  9. rooman

rooman

The purchase was by the company’s management backed by an equity investment fund

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

10. deucemac

deucemac

Yep, out of round and wobblers and excuses

11. I had Wheel Vintique make up 5 custom rims for my '40 coupe. I had NOS Ford centers put in the rims.......2 of the 5 came with unacceptable run-out, and all 5 had very crude stick welds, with spatter all around. The rim edges were totally "raw". I spent many hours fixing their crappy work. Would never recommend them to anyone.

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

deucemac and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

thats the splatter i had on one of my rims

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

I've been using WheelSmith for 20 years, excellent wheels and service.

deucemac likes this.
  15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Another vote for Wheel Smith

deucemac likes this.