Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1954 Chevy Bel air blower wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54FISH, Oct 16, 2020.

1. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hello , Ok here we go again , WTF !! Anyone have a 1954 Chevy Car heater blower wheel for Deluxe heater . While cleaning my heater assy. To restore & paint ,the shaft bushing of my blower wheel broke off !? Funny thing is the wheel is steel ( magnetic) but center bushing is metal ( but NOT magnetic) .Must be Aluminum ,? Can't weld aluminum to steel so ..... Any thoughts , help clear my mind . Would love to repair because finding just a squirrel cage maybe a needle in the hay. Searched internet but need the backspace on cage to allow for motor studs .( Most online were flat back in my dimensions . Maybe leave fresh air vent tubes off & pipe engine compartment air into cabin & defrost ducts . Lol WTF lol ?!!! Ha ha ha . Still wanting that frame notch too , have $$$$ ! Last, will be JB weld epoxy with motor running for an hour off battery , hope it holds

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  2. Bronze
    Brass
    Aluminum
    Nylon
    Some other hard plastic or polymer
    A piece of steel the correct size

Find something make it fit and press fit it in.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

4. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

I just bought one for my '54 3100 truck with the deluxe heater. Found it on ebay for $12, shipped!
    For my truck, I needed a CCW rotation, 5 3/4" diam. and 2 1/2" width, with a closed end. Can't
    remember the exact shaft diam., but the one I bought, a REVCOR brand fit perfect. It was galvanized
    steel.

Can't find it on ebay anymore, but the same one is on Amazon for $12....if your measurements are the
    same, it will work great. Grainger sells the same item for almost $70!

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/REVCOR-Single-Inlet-Blower-Wheel/dp/B0842BQKXS

Just looked closer, and the shaft size is 1/2"; mine came with a shaft spacer to reduce the diam, which was 5/16" so you may want to check it further. The seller on ebay
    is thwright006. He has lots of Revco items, and may actually still have one of these. As of July, he showed more than 10 available. Manufacturer part number was Q575.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020

5. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

blower2.jpg

O.K., weird now...just found seller and original ad/part on ebay, and still has 10 available for $11.99. Shaft diam. showing 5/16". If you can't locate it let me know. Here is a pic. Bob

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  6. Might look at the tri 5's. But I don't remember the direction they turn

7. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks brothers for all the replies , best I found was one from AutoZone , 1955 Chevy truck . 5 1/4" dia , had to open up hole a bit but , got it in hooked to 12 v motor & tested blows like a mother . Back apart , housing to powder coat & picking up recored heater core today . So far so good , thanks again !!!

dan31 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Always cool when someone asks a question and then gets back to thank those who helped out. Not everyone does that.

dan31, mgtstumpy and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  9. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

Perfect! Glad you're good to go!

10. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I agree when you get helpfully advice back & can keep your project moving along , that IMO requires Thanks .

11. J53

J53
    from WI

Did you find one?

Item # 333820261490 on the big auction site right now. Not mine, just thought I could help...

12. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes , got it all together , bout wheel from AutoZone , fit new 12v motor shaft perfect . NOW I have the original wheel ( center hub tacks broken , might be able to be fixed ) & original working 6v motor , hopefully someone can use . THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP !! , Putting that heater assembly in by Ones self , NOT EASY , BUT DO ABLE . treated myself to a couple beers after that one .