Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hamb Period Hotrods/Customs and the Art...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stogy, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Here is some art work done of the Coleman Coupe by others.
    COLEMAN June 20 2015 017.JPG ShelbyWay 002.JPG

chriseakin, Hank37, Jet96 and 6 others like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    gnichols, chriseakin, Jet96 and 5 others like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CT_Moon.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-coleman-coupe-32-ford-five-window.1189885/

:rolleyes:...I just thought I'd round out the Artworks @ct1932ford presented with The Real Deal and a Digital Moondisced Throwback Inspiration I did to the early 60s...It's actually up for grabs with a heartfelt reluctance I am sure...Good luck on the passing of the Torch CT...

What a Beautiful example of Period Love to the Iconic 32 Ford...

Credit to Photographer, Owner and all that inspired my Stogyism...;)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    chriseakin, shortypu, Hank37 and 6 others like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

131525366.jpg
    :rolleyes:...Hamber @Bass busted out the Pen and ink for this Artwork of one of his Trademark builds...

4826162830_6f956d3580_b.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...e-bass-hemi-model-a-coupe-version-2-0.463952/

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/build-the-bass-coupe-build.104217/

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-bass-hemi-model-a-coupe.104314/page-2

:rolleyes:...This Man has Wild Metal skills as evidenced in his Threads shared here...He also is a passionate Hotrodder well connected to the past Excellence that was before Himself...

Again I owe it to the Hamb for opening the door to this Hotrod genius...

Credit to Artist, Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  5. Here's a great little rendering done by @dbildvil of Miss Vicky from a photo I posted on Instagram.
    I love the distortion – it would make an awesome t-shirt. Hmmmmm ... IMG_5700.png
    IMG_5691.png

Just Gary, hotrodfil, Gizzy and 9 others like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Jet96 and D-Russ like this.
  7. j3harleys

j3harleys

Stogy and ct1932ford like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

gmc b.jpg

:rolleyes:...The always interesting Cutaway Artwork penned this time by an Artist by the name of Jim Richard's of Chet Herbert's Hotrod...capturing all the ambience with a Big GM 6 and alternative fuel...early innovation indeed...I wonder how it did on the Strip?

gmc a.jpg

By the info above the mill was tested in other vehicles at speeds around 150mph...that's getting up there for a smokin' Lighter...;)

10. Drew this.
    10151387652207329.jpg

Then built this.
    IMG_0449-2.JPG

Ooh - found a picture of it on 16's.

10155388264867329.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Spoggie, Jet96, Shutter Speed and 5 others like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    chriseakin, ct1932ford, Jet96 and 5 others like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/early-hot-rod-sketches.200754/page-2#post-2177694

:rolleyes:...The art of Jim Richards whose works graced Hop Up in the Early 1950s showcasing the work of Jack Hagemann with a racer owned and raced by Al Dal Porto

Del-Porto-Roadster-hot-rod.jpg

https://silodrome.com/dal-porto-roadster/

Quoted below from link above...

"Designed and built by Jack Hagemann in 1951 as a salt lake racer, the car was very successful and set a salt lake record of 155mph and a 118mph top speed at the drags."

What a Cool Car and it's Builder an Incredible Talent...

Grace, Victory...Tragedy and Reborn to Greatness

RIP Hotrodder

Credit to Photographer, Owner

chop job, chriseakin, Hank37 and 5 others like this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hqdefault (1).jpg

:rolleyes:...The Rolling Bones CC is a very recognizable force in Hotrod and has a very Sinister Metallic Nose Art gracing their vehicles, The Skulled Pilot, which has been a notable subject flown by Wartime Forces to Pirates and many other groups...

Their Signature Lead above in decal form is much like their Hotrods which are also highly and uniquely reflective of their own unique vision of what Hotrod is and was...whatever your views they have a very bold presense and continue to wow with everything they do and are very polished in every element of their Being...Just awesome...

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 10.12.26 AM.png

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/rolling-bones-on-amelia-island.1187031/

DSC_0294.JPG

https://www.rodauthority.com/news/brian-darwas-releases-short-film-on-rolling-bones-hot-rod-shop/

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-many-cars-that-rolling-bones-has.html?m=1

Credit to Artist, Photographers, Owners

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    chriseakin, shortypu, Hank37 and 3 others like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    chriseakin, Hank37, Jet96 and 3 others like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

38600342_450864875398622_3084568387259465728_o.jpg

:rolleyes:...Not sure of the name of the Artist who penned this Bubbletop but Luke certainly captured it in Metal...Yes Metal Rolling Sculpture...

38011862_443534496131660_6031894242786279424_n.jpg

:rolleyes:...Down under and Over a Bit Thunder...;)

Hamber @Rocket88NZ posted a pic of his Roadster and this Hybrid Hotrod/Custom was right alongside it. He id'd it as the Stellar Work of a Fella by the Name of Luke a Fabricator in NZ...There is a bigtime nod to the early to Mid 60s in this Wild Thing...

Credit to Artist, Photographer, Owners

16. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Hey Stogy, Probably my favourite car of all. Was lucky enough to meet Bob Pierson at Bonneville in 2005 and got him to sign a couple of things for me, one was a GMP model of the 2D. Has pride of place as part of my collection. Great respectful what the Pierson brothers did and of course so many others at that time. Also love the Dick Teague artwork in the 49 Veda Orr Hot Rod Pictorial you showed earlier. Was lucky to buy quite a few of those original books from the Floy Clymer archives and also have an original copy of Veda Orrs original 1947 edition .

Stogy likes this.
  17. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Ernie is a great guy, comes out to New Zealand to race Old Yeller and has also brought out an original Cobra and early Porsche to race. He has done a great job restoring the Spurgin, Giovanine Roadster. He came around to check out my shed on one of his visits and when he got back sent me an email to say he had bought some stuff off a guy which included an original factory Fabulous Hudson Hornet cap from 1953 and asked if I would like it, of course I did. Later when I visited Jack Miller in Ypsilanti at his Hudson Dealership/Museum he told me had one but it was in bad condition and pretty rare.

Stogy likes this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to say the Pierson Coupe is pretty revered amongst the Membership here and I agree with its influence to my own vision in Hotrod...To have met Bob in person AT Bonneville wow that is quite an honor...just think about the History connected to This Man...and the rest just as exciting really...I'm very happy you are enjoying the Thread with its diverse reaches into the Big Picture...

I am really moved by these fellas that have embraced what we revere and take these Historical Giants in Hotrod and restore, share, and preserve them complimenting past Greatness...You again are very fortunate to have met these honorable people...That was a Hubcap/Wheel-Cover you speak of received from Ernie?

I did note you have some interesting Historical Inspirations to Past Greatness yourself...with Your Hudson...I think I should do a Post to that Fabulous Hudson...I'm sure it has been penned by many an artist over the years...

@Rocket88NZ thanks for sharing these milestones you have experienced...;)

19. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Thanks Stogy, the cap he gave me was one you wear and they were pretty fragile and I suspect thats why Jack said they were rare to find now. Just as a matter of interest I am a huge Henry Gregor Felsen fan(have a big collection of his work) and and spent time with his daughter Holly and her husband Mike up in Detroit a few years ago now. They came with me to Jack's ( R.I.P. another great guy, spent a couple of hours talking with him) Museum in Ypsilanti. Holly used a black and white picture I sent her of my Hudson at the start of chapter one in her reprint of Fever Heat (one of her dads books on early stock car racing) A real honour. Jack's book on Hudsons early stock car racing is pretty cool too, It's called Total Domination by Jack Miller.

chriseakin and Stogy like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  21. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stogy likes this.
  22. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Here's the plan "drawing" that's been over my sink for 30 years . . .
    Plan Drawing.jpeg
    . . . and here's the result . . .
    28 Merc 2012.jpg

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

D6KS8L_XkAEfK4T.jpeg

:rolleyes:... a beautiful rendering by Joe Henning of a pretty unique Gilmore Racer with Stubby Stubblefield and Oito Wolfer in 1932

440px-Stubby_Stubblefield_cph.3a03810.jpg

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Stubby_Stubblefield

:rolleyes:...This was nicknamed the Catfish and it was a pretty fast machine...

Credit to Artist, Photographer, Owners

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  24. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...That's a slam dunk @Donut Dave...were you the Artist who penned up that true to form artwork?

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RexBurnett_RoundwaitheCoupe2.jpg

RexBurnett_RoundwaitheCoupe3.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/bob-rounthwaite-34-coupe-beauty-amp-excellence.984505/

:rolleyes:...Artist Rex Burnett penned this Notable Riveting Hotrod, Sporting Innovation, Power and Grace with Postwar Experience, Legal Drag Racing in its Infancy...Truly an Aviation type of feel to the inside as well with potential disaster if anything went wrong and a fuel tank for an arm rest...:eek:...Many of these early Hotrods may have been built out of Private Garages and there were some very good at the Need for Speed with Skills in Design and Execution...Masters of the Craft...

4 Bars is something I clearly noted and have love these historical Milestones...Puzzle pieces to go [email protected] Bonified Hamb Gold...Thanks for sharing this...Other thanks to @Jimmy B and the Late 'Rockerhead' for additional images/art shared...;)

BobRoundwaith-Coupe.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ty-amp-excellence.984505/page-2#post-11102568

:rolleyes:...Clic the link above for more History and Pics in @J.Ukrop's Blog on the Rounthwaite Coupe

Credit to Artists, Photographers, Owners

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  27. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Stogy likes this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

29. Love the wheel covers and top.

Stogy likes this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:..Update, @Cody Walls continues to bring Eric Blacks Art to a Metallic Level of Art using his Incredible Capability in Metalsmithing and more...I have to say I shared a Teaser shot of Eric Black's Artwork Cody shared and About 3/4s of the way through the thread I noticed he had 2 posters behind the build...You can see them in the more current pics I've shared here...;)