Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ramblers San Francisco

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skeezix, Jul 22, 2011.

1. R&C RON

R&C RON

Here is a shot of the Ramblers at the 1952 Oakland show , with Crackbons car in the middle.

[​IMG]

Stogy and HEMI32 like this.
  2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

PM sent. Bud has not been well for some time.

3. vagabond88

vagabond88

Does anyone know if Bob Crackbon is still alive ? and is so contact info ..Thanks , Larry.. I'll try and find the pictures i have of their first rod run and see if I can post them .....

4. Wow! ... I never knew that Bud Jones was a charter member of the Ramblers!

Bud was a good friend of my (late) father ... they were in the Chrysler 300 Club together ... and attended Bonneville Speed Week '84 together.

Here's a pic of Bud's old '27 Track T (now owned by A.B. Shuman):

Bud Jones '27 Track-T (now owned by A.B. Shuman).jpg
    ... and a pic of Bud's old #828 flathead-powered lakester (now owned by Ed Shadle):

Bud 'Flathead' Jones & his #828 Lakester @ SpeedWeek '88.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Stogy likes this.
  5. Stogy likes this.
  6. Here's another pic of Ramblers member Bud Crackbon's '52 AMBR winning '25 RPU (from the July '53 issue of HOP UP):

Bud-crackbon-1925-ford-profile.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Stogy and Just Gary like this.
  7. Here's a pic of Ramblers member Joe Carlomagno's '32 3wd Coupe:

Joe-carlomagno-1932-ford-profile.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  8. Here's a pic of Ramblers member Roger Hugo's '27 Roadster:

Roger-hugo-1927-ford-profile.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  9. Here's some pics of Ramblers member Howard Hansel's '32 5wd Coupe (from the January 1957 issue of ROD & Custom):

Howard-hansel-1932-ford-1.jpg
    Howard-hansel-1932-ford-2.jpg
    Howard-hansel-1932-ford-3.jpg
    Howard-hansel-1932-ford-4.jpg
    Howard-hansel-1932-ford-5.jpg
    images by George Burnley

Stogy likes this.
  10. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Don't you have any pictures of Mortensons roadster/ (now owned by Rich Fox.)

11. Here's a pic of the "Valley Auto Supply Special" record setting Model A Roadster (from the December '58 issue of Car Craft):

Valley Auto Supply Special 'C' Roadster (from Car Craft December 1958 pg 40).jpg
    ... and a pic of it @ Bonneville Speed Week '90:

#104 Roadster - 42nd B'ville Nats - 1990.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Stogy likes this.
  12. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

All right. The car has been updated quite a bit in 54 years on the salt. It still had the 255 number when I bought it in '83 or so. Updating the cage again today.

Stogy likes this.
  13. vagabond88

vagabond88

I know this is an old thread .. but .. My father (Jack Anderson) and my two uncle's Jim Langieal & Chuck Garcia were founding members of the Ramblers . They help build Bud Crackbon's roadster for the 1952 AMBR award . Bud's car is being restored at this time . It still has it's original paint . I have my fathers "rambler" car club plaqe . I hop to make a copy or two ...Some where I have pictures from there first rod run .. Pictures were takin on Alverado st & douglass St San Francisco....Larry Anderson

14. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Yes, I know this thread is a decade old. That being said, I wonder if any new Ramblers information has surfaced since then? I'd love to dig up more for an upcoming project.

Stogy likes this.
  15. I spoke with Joe Carlomagno last year, He is 81 years old.. He lives in Mill Valley now, and has a 1932 Ford roadster.

Stogy and J.Ukrop like this.
  16. jasonroth1926

jasonroth1926

Id like to know more about the club too. I recently bought a 27 roadster pickup that was in 51-52 Oakland roaster show. I found a couple photos online and its seen near the ramblers club area in 51. Was hoping if anyone that has more photos of the club cars that maybe the truck is spotted in the background. The name to the truck is Lewis H. Ertle. The truck is photographed in may of 52 hot rod mag as well with a brief description

Stogy and Budget36 like this.
  17. Tom Duzanica

Tom Duzanica

Hi I am brand new here and looking for info on an older club than the Ramblers from San Francisco. It was called the San Francisco Hill Climbers from the 1930's and 40's. My uncle, John Garibaldi was a member with this car that he continually modified. 29 A Roadster with welded in rumble seat. Plymouth front and Chevy hood and louvers with 49 Lincoln Zephyer V-8 and running gear, Columbia Overdrive, Auburn dash and gauges.
    If anybody has any info it would be nice to get some. I'm in Thailand the car is in Menlo Park, CA, with my nephew and his son, where my uncle lived the last fifty years of his life. image.png P9180055.JPG P9180033.JPG

Stogy, dana barlow and pprather like this.
  18. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Here's a short Video of the Bud Jones / A.B. Schuman roadster. Powered by one of my flatheads 2022
    West Coast and East Coast history

19. I lived across Green Street from Joe Carlomagno in San Francisco in 1956-1958. His coupe was later painted Palomino Buff ( a shade of tan ) and was pin striped by Tommy The Greek. Joe was a mentor to me, and I will always remember him for that. He took me to the Half Moon Bay Drag Strip, Mel's drive in for Ramblers club meetings, and many car shows. Thanks for the memories.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
    J.Ukrop, Stogy, HEMI32 and 1 other person like this.