Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I think I could finish my projects in half the time if....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Oct 16, 2020.

1. That's the answer.........multiple tools and overalls with the large front pouch/pocket :D.

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm bringing back the fanny pack....

1oldtimer likes this.
  3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

:eek::eek::eek:Although , there are reliable sources that say you never left it behind:D

Roothawg likes this.
  4. tom in nh

tom in nh

I THINK I COULD FINISH MY PROJECTS IN HALF THE TIME IF....
    I never had a wife or kids

Roothawg likes this.
  5. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a problem with everything falling on the floor. I guess I don't hold on tight enough. When getting underneath the car for a project I sometimes throw all of my tools on the floor with a magnet with a handle to grab them, still always need something that isn't picked up by the magnet and I have to get up anyway usually to get flashlight or glasses. There are no 5 min jobs anymore!

40FORDPU and Roothawg like this.
  6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I laugh every time I see the commercial for walk-in tubs with old Pat Boone. He starts out by asking the viewers...
    "Why am I standing in the middle of this warehouse...?"
    I don't know, Pat. Are you okay?
    LOL

Roothawg likes this.
  7. I have a bad habit of putting something down when i get distracted by something else........hours pass looking for what i had only to remember putting it there in the first place. JW

X-cpe and Roothawg like this.
  8. Roothawg

Roothawg

I loaned mine to a guy in CA but he never sent it back.... that guy was spotted loading a Vette into a trailer recently...

9. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

10. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I agree. Two things that have helped immensely is having a rolling tool tray and for larger projects, a dedicated table that holds the parts for the project. Tends to keep everything in a smaller area

11. Step 1 dump the huge box of used fasteners next to the car on a big bathroom rug, Step 2 pull the rug around to where you're working, Step 3 when you need hardware check the rug. Step 4 move to the next place you're working and drag the rug with you, continue til you're all done on the car, Step 5 pick up the rug and dump all the hardware back into the box til the next time you work on the car. You know you love it, pull the rug. JW

Rickybop and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  12. Look all over the shop and in the tool box for that one combination wrench or socket... can't find it anywhere. Get tired of walking around the creeper and finally move it out of your road... and there it is.

Roothawg likes this.
  13. redoxide

redoxide

you know its an age thing when the brain farts are supported with real farts that just come from nowhere in the middle of some project talk with your buddy. You know hes on the same wavelength when he totally ignores the offending parp and the conversation continues unabated ... I often find it clears the mind and the parts you were looking for mysteriously appear ...

Roothawg and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  14. railcarmover

railcarmover

You know your old when your farts are wet and your dreams aint..

Roothawg likes this.
  15. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

All throughout our history in hot rods and drag racing, it was nice to know there was no time limit to build what we wanted. Everyday after our initial purchase of the 1940 Willys Coupe, we did what we were able to, close the backyard garage door and go to sleep. We were still in high school and my brother was in his first year of college. So, with no time limit, it was work when you can at what you need to do to get it finished.

There was never pressure to get something done. But, in looking back through all of the years of diddling around with hot rods, surf transportation vehicles and normal station wagons. There was never the time to spend on a project without seeing the time limits that were pushed on us. (me, actually) my mantra was family comes first. So, even when my wife and I were a couple, the time to do something on the sedan delivery had to be selected and done in a certain time span.
    upload_2020-11-13_5-50-19.png
    The good thing was, when she went to visit friends, it gave me plenty of time to casually do some repairs or add in something that was needed for reliability and more fun. But, there were times when an emergency repair was necessary and I had to plan out the whole thing first, get the parts and figure out what comes first.

Jnaki
    upload_2020-11-13_5-50-47.png
    It always helped that my wife knows me well and knows that what I did to the cars will make our driving much more enjoyable. So she understood when I had to spend the evening out in the garage getting a project finished. Whether it was her sporty car or the hot rod sedan delivery. The mantra I, “if I had more time, I could do anything at any time.”

In our relationship, I surfed on my own time, left early and got back late. But, being a couple was mandatory for sanity and just being together. So, the repairs and projects had to be well planned when I was doing the work alone. Of course, a nice sandwich and drink always helped get the project done with a nice feeling between us.

That scenario has worked out during our extended family days, until our son went away to college. Then, it was back to being a couple and that was always a fabulous thing, for our long standing relationship.

Since H.S. I have sailed on various sailboats, when possible. But, with my wife and I in the last 19 years, it was the most enjoyable thing we have done together as an extra-curricular activity. It was working together for a common goal, to be one with nature, while trying to harness all that came against us)

16. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I seem to be in good company as far as misplacing things. I looked for the steering column bolts for my Model A build off and on for months. I finally made a set (sort of) only to find the originals in a damn magnetic cup on the base of my garage stool the day before I installed the column. I used the originals.

Thanks for the piece of mind.

john

Phoenix24 likes this.
  17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who needs some stupid Hollywood comedian when I have you guys...
    Seriously hilarious. :D

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

I lost the keys to the 55 between the house and shop 3 years ago. It's 90 feet. Never reappeared.

Phoenix24 likes this.