Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Got Rear Ended in the 47 Coupe Last Night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blues4U, Sep 12, 2020.

1. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Man , I so sorry this happened . I pray you and wife are ok .car is fixable you and wife may not be . I remember getting blazed on a Harley yxrears ago . 1st ride after reassembly , same colors ass my 32 . Kid hit me knocked me into the street . I got up, told the Policeman , I’m good , no ride in the meat wagon for me . 1 year later , I could not raise my arm or feel my fingers . Dr, says 2 neck vertebra are dust . 4 fused in my neck ìcomplete the repair . If you think you maybe injured go to hospital

Blues4U and loudbang like this.
  2. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

The body man took one look at it and immediately noted that the right side fender was bulged out. Yep, now that he pointed it out I see it. The bumper on the right side pushed into the panel that sits between the bumper and back of the car. It pushed that panel into the fender. Look at the pictures again and you can see it. I thought it was just the bumper and the trunk lid, but the fender is going to also need work, and probably the bumper mounts as well.

I feel pretty confident with this place, it's a collision repair shop, but every car there was a classic or hot rod of some type. Anyone remember that Buick touring car that was an AMBR contender in 2019? This shop painted it. But I'll still keep my fingers crossed till I get it back.

3. Seeing a lot of fine cars in the shop is very comforting to me. Back in the early 60s, I had a 47 Chev coupe, and beat up a front fender after avoiding a dog that darted out onto the road. I looked around at the shops, until I found a place that was noted for doing customs, and felt comfortable about leaving my car in their care, as I didn't have the time or the tools to do the repair myself. It was the best decision I have ever made. When they were done, it looked like new.
    I hope your back continues to feel better. Soft tissue injuries are difficult to determine, and I am happy to learn that, even though you feel better, you are seeing a doctor for it. Just in case.
    Bob

loudbang likes this.
  4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Ouch. That’s too bad. Luckily it is fixable and you can move on.
    Being rear ended is a constant concern these days with cellphone distractions along with everything else distracting drivers.

j-jock and loudbang like this.
  5. Banged up sheet metal sucks . Banged up body is worse , I'm glad there was no blood .

I had finished my 55 just 3 months before the truck rear ended me ..... happens to so many of us , eventually . DSCF2791.JPG

j-jock, Blues4U and loudbang like this.
  6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:(

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Hope you both get well .

8. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Sorry to hear about that. Ouch! It hurts to look at that.

9. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Well, I brought the coupe home from the body shop yesterday. They did a great job, went well beyond what was required to repair the damage, such as repainting the roof (which was showing some bubbling underneath the paint and I was looking at having to do that in a couple of years, now I won't have to), and replacing the stainless steel FORD badge on the trunk lid. But then, they got paid a lot from the insurance company (I saw the bill), they could afford to do some extra work. As far as my back, it's mostly back to normal, I've been getting physical therapy twice a week since it happened. Yesterday it was a little sore, but mostly I'm pain free. I got the charger on the battery topping off the charge since it's been sitting for awhile. And it's ready now to go for a drive. 20201016_101712.jpg 20201016_101726.jpg 20201016_101735.jpg 20201016_101815.jpg 20201016_101937.jpg

10. Glad there's a happy ending. Hope your back keeps getting better, car looks good.

jimmy six and Blues4U like this.
  11. Good to see the car was repaired and looking good, hope the back continues to get better.

Getting rear ended can be very upsetting, but as long as there are no major injures the damage can be repaired or replaced. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jimmy six and Blues4U like this.
  12. Glad you're ok and it's fixed.....on the plus side I bet the gaps on everything are better now then factory.

Blues4U likes this.
  13. jim snow

jim snow

Everyone likes a happy ending!lol.Looks great. Snowman

Blues4U likes this.
  14. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Just came across the thread, glad it's all fixed. Looks great.

Seeing all these rear enders, I'm tempted to add a third brake light. A big bright one.

Blues4U likes this.
  15. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Isn't it great when someone does something well & sweetens the pot just a bit ?

Blues4U likes this.
  16. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for your pain and for your damage. I had a 1963 Porsche 356 that I completed a rotisserie restoration on and it was beautiful. No expense spared and took me 3 years of every spare moment I had. I loved that car. I got rear ended by a Jeep Wrangler driven by a young man who said he was distracted by a bee. Car was totaled and I only suffered a bump on the head.

My second mishap occurred on Christmas Eve about 3 years ago. A young lady crossed one half of Benjamin Parkway and stopped in the median. As I approached her (in a Red car!) at about 40 mph, she pulled out directly in front of me. I locked the brakes but there was no chance of stopping. The damage to my 54 Chevrolet totaled about $23k. Fortunately, I had a good body and paint shop and Hagerty Insurance.

It always hurts and you always say, If.... If I had left a few seconds earlier or later, she wouldn't have been there. Etc. Shit happens. Fix it and drive on. Glad you're ok and got our ride fixed!!

Blues4U and jim snow like this.
  17. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Good point. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. We were headed to a Friday night cruise in Garden Grove where they close down Main St and just let cars in for the cruise. Happens every Friday night. We could've taken side streets, but the GPS told me it would be quicker to take the freeway. Had we taken side streets we would've avoided this one, but something else could've happened. You can't lose sleep over it. But I have wondered about the next time we go, will I take the Freeway or side streets.....

rockable likes this.