Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eelco Company.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steamer, Dec 20, 2009.

1. old beet

old beet

I think Marty should change the name to Steelco!

2. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

I can only speak of the time I was involved in speed equipment and that started late 60's and all that stuff was at that time bubble packed. Eelco and Cal-Custom were about even as far as their products g. Yes, lots of small parts as you said, Mr gasket had far more parts and that company grew and started buying up everything and I think Eelco and Cal-Custom fell by the wayside.

3. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Steamer,

Just to answer your question, I did do a story for The Rodder's Journal on EELCO. I think it was called "Fittings That Fit, Linkage That Links". I would have to go back and find the issue number for you, but it was more than three years ago as I recall.

Send me a PM with your e-mail, and I will try to find and send you a copy of the story that was submitted.

Jay

4. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Here's an old NOS sticker

Attached Files:

5. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

I stepped up when Marty started his deal a few years ago and gave him a large stock order.Mark that as another mistake.I still have some stuff left but hate to put it out at the swap meet due to folks thinking I might be him.It has caused some real problems.

bchctybob likes this.
  6. jurassicgto

jurassicgto

4 toe foot fuel cool can

Attached Files:

bchctybob likes this.
  7. Squadrod

Squadrod
    from Salem, OR

I don't know Marty, but a good friend does, and feels that he isn't a crook, but was probably bad at business. Regardless, if anyone happens to have a tri-power intake for a Nailhead, I'd like to buy one, but with Paypal or for cash in person.

8. alchemy

alchemy

"Bad at business" and not repaying your debts makes you a CROOK.

9. Alchemy (and anyone else) this is not in defense of Marty but just for information only. Last I heard he was pretty sick like in on his way out sick and that was a couple of years ago. Chances are that he is no longer with us. Unless of course someone has spoken with him lately in which case I am totally wrong.

Anyway like I said not in defense of Marty at all, just information.

10. alchemy

alchemy

If I remember correctly, he was a bad business man years ago when he was running the company and on the HAMB. Pretty sure he was healthy back then. He's had many years to fix his mistakes.

11. Dead guys don't fix much.

You are correct he had bad dealings long before he got sick, that wasn't my point. My understanding is that he checked out. That is what I heard.

12. alchemy

alchemy

Hopefully somebody else can rescue the Eelco name and bring it back to the status it deserves.

13. Yep I have owned some Eelco parts over the years and they were top notch. There were a few companies that just seemed to go away for whatever reason and Eeelco was one that someone should have snapped up and kept alive.

14. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Guess I was just lucky after reading this! Two years ago I saw a finned three carb fuel log with the EELCO logo on it somewhere. Ended up getting ahold of the guy and actually bought it, and received it. Did take a little while but he told me he was doing another batch of them and I'd get the first one of that batch and several weeks later it arrived. Just sayin...........

15. U-235

U-235

Cripes.... and my post about a car being too low was deleted for causing....."DRAMA"....

16. desertdroog

desertdroog

He isn't dead and I am not trying to incite anything, however he has a recent post here:
    http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?292228-EELCO-news

I have no dog in this fight, and it is unfortunate that his business dealings weren't up to snuff as the Nailhead community could use all the support it can get when someone decides to offer up parts.

17. alchemy

alchemy

That thread on the Buick forum is by a guy named Marty who blames all the poor business dealing on an "acquaintance" who he let run the business. He says the "acquaintance" is now dead. He also says he will only make Buick parts from now on. Hmm.

18. loudbang

loudbang

Well sure don't want to get the drama started yet again but found this photo and this looks like the best choice of threads for it. :)

EELCO........jpg

19. 5window

5window

There was a time.....

loudbang likes this.