Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Landracing forum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by noboD, Oct 14, 2020.

1. noboD

noboD

Does anyone know what happened to Landracing forum. It disappeared a few days ago.

2. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

No. I've been getting a "403 Forbidden Error" here when I've tried to log in. I'm not a 'puter expert so any info at all would be appreciated.

Ed

3. Dave Gray

Dave Gray

Same problem here. I am not sure who to contact about the problem.

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Maybe it broke the internet sound barrier...Seriously, land speed racing is about the coolest form of racing out there and the possible loss of a complete forum would be disasterous.

5. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

FWIW I tried to contact Slim at his business Kudos Laser via an email, message came back as undeliverable. Anybody know if they might have some major power outages in the UP?

If I can dig out my home contact info card for him I'll try that route.

Ed

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Not really sure. Gimme a bit and I'll throw a text to a friend in Marquette.

Nothing reported. Apparently the UP is just as perfect as it's ever been.

7. Slim has posted on other sites that there is a problem with the company that handles the site. He also said it might take a few days to get things straightened out. Hang in there fans,,,,, I'm sure it will be back up soon !!!! Crow.

loudbang likes this.
  8. That site is a shell of what it once was when Amos ran it. So many great racers have been pushed away over the years. It is truly a shame. There is a big niche that could be filled online for the Land speed racing community. Currently you get more content on facespace but there are so many pages there it gets watered down. What we need is a good place to talk and share tech. The SCTA does not want to support something like this.

stillrunners, loudbang and -Brent- like this.
  9. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Crow,

Thanks for the update, I know now what to expect and won't worry near as much for awhile.

Tman,

Please know that I hear you and share many of your opinions but I don't want to stir up and drag any unnecessary drama over onto this site, 'nuff said.

I'm not a face placer so I'll just wait and see how the hand I've been dealt plays out. Meantime all the best for everybody to stay safe, have fun, and go fast.

Ed

The Arizona Old Crow and Tman like this.
  10. greybeard360

greybeard360

Y'all sure Ryan didn't go in to remove the ads and blow up the server?

loudbang likes this.
  11. Looks to me like somebody didn't pay their hosting bill.

12. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Hemi Joel and RidgeRunner like this.
  13. Not pointing fingers at our organizing body, I know and like what the SCTA does. But, like you said, they have enough on their plate already. That is what I was getting at. But, I also have been told directly from the inside that some frown on the online activity and social media in general.

RidgeRunner likes this.
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With the web it could be as simple as a power outage where the host server is. I'd agree that SCTA's plate is already overfilled and it would be expecting too much for them to host a forum.

I had landspeedracing.com on listening to Slim ramble on almost all of speedweek this year. The racing went on at the same time my area was full of smoke from the fires and I had an excuse to stay inside.

15. Yes, the radio stream the last few years has been awesome.

16. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Normally I read the land racing site daily. It is my link to LSR since I am not a book of faces person. Slim does a fantastic job at providing a service that does not make money. His streaming service at the events play through my shop audio, when they a racing on the salt, and I really appreciate all his work.

stillrunners and RidgeRunner like this.
  17. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

A forum is only as good as the participants in it. Jon has done nothing to alienate participation. The numbers ebb and flow. And with all the cancelled and restricted meets. the participation is markedly down – at the meets and on the forum.

RidgeRunner and jimmy six like this.
  18. aircap

aircap

I've been missing it, too. Usually read it every night before bed. Interesting tidbit: When I first got on the internet back around 2000, it was the very first forum I ever registered on.

19. noboD

noboD

Has anyone contacted Slim? I hope everything is OK.

20. Earth to Slim..........

21. Ironically Slim is not a Social Media guy

22. wisdonm

wisdonm

I may have broke it. I did a post last weekend and within minuets, it was broke. Sorry.

23. noboD

noboD

Now it says it has a fatal error.

24. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Slim does a lot of good but he has his bad side also. He screwed several out of some money. He got me for 10 bucks.

25. aircap

aircap

Sunday night, the 18th of October - I was able to log on and read the entire website. It's back.

26. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Life is much better again! Modern tech "progress" can sure tax my traditional brain at times. Apparently Slim's other 'net connections were also affected. Story behind the issue(s) under "website suggestions" on the forum. As you were.........

Ed

27. noboD

noboD

I think it blowed up again.

28. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I can't get there tonight.

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is up an running fine for me.