Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Humanitarian Aid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fortunateson, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I just was looking at a thread abou t a Ozzie car show when I saw a '35 Ford two door. Now for my taste the '35 car grille is such a disappointment. Then I had an epiphany...could the '35 Ford half ton pickup grille, and if needed the whole front clip, be transplanted onto the cars? It seems like the only humane thing to do...

chryslerfan55 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  2. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

It looks like it could work.

3. I used to think the same way about a 35 Ford grille. Then it grew on me. Now I like it better than a 36 grille. But the pickup grille really isn't a beauty in my eyes.

Desoto291Hemi and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. dwollam

dwollam

I agree with liking the '35 grille better than '36. Lots of them got used on race cars. Look at a few in the Speedway museum. As far as the '35-37 trucks, never really cared for the grille being so far in front of the axle. Always looked like they were on an S-10 chassis. :( Otherwise the rest of the truck was great.

Dave

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

No one will ever sway my thoughts that the '35 car grille is pug nosed! But that's ok, people should be allowed to like ugly! LOL

6. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes..Pug nosed...36 is so much more to my liking...Wierd post title though...

7. Agreed, if not, I never would have found someone to marry me!:(

dwollam and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

#5meldingb.jpg

:rolleyes:...;)

While I have no problemo with a 35 Car grille the Truck one doesn't look half bad...

Credit to All That Inspired This

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Got your attention didn't it?

10. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Nice pic, makes the car rather European looking to my eyes. Maybe a little Citroen perhaps?

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank You...I wasn't thinking anything but Ford...I do know the Citroen and I see the distinction you are making however...I'm thinking it needs some louvers maybe a line or two...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now when we're on hard times and we cut the trunk lid off and put a pickup box in it...it'll make more sense...:D

I see it as a Plausible even period Mod and you could go Custom or Hotrod...

I don't know Custom Lore or History but you thought of it...and it looks pretty darn good AND it would be a metallic challenge perhaps even minor in the chop cut and fit crowd terms...I searched and didn't find any...but in the history both were common, swapping out and fitting was in...I'll bet someone did it...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020