Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Interesting find that raises questions...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Today I went to get some parts off a couple of super duty trucks. One was a 58/9 ish and the other a early 60's. I pulled the horn button off the 58ish and it has me intrigued. The truck is a mercury 800. The button seems to indicate mercury with a maple leaf behind representing Canada is my guess, but the 50th anniversary part makes no sense to me being A: it was a 58 ish truck, and B: it seems to indicate mercury that was not around in 1903 was It?

Attached Files:

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

1953 was Ford's 50th anniversary, so the wheel could have been swapped in. Mercury didn't start until 1939 I think.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Canadians branded their Ford trucks as Mercury. When did that start?

4. Here's a 53 ford f350 I have. Agreed that the steering wheel etc could have been swapped out from a 53. But the mercury part is still confusing me. As far as Canadian trucks, we actually had Ford trucks here as well as Mercury. The dealer system and sparse population was the cause of both from my understanding. As far as I know, Mercury trucks weren't made until about 46? Possibly earlier, but that's the oldest style I've seen.

Attached Files:

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

It was probably just a celebration of all Ford products, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury.

6. squirrel

squirrel

Thor1 and swade41 like this.