Register now to get rid of these ads!

VINTAGE SHOTS FROM DAYS GONE BY! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Ryan, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Grunt1900

Grunt1900

Not 2 cigarettes (although that would be impressive) 1 is a smoke, the other is a large toothpick.
    This man truly is the "Swiss Army Knife" of roadside mechanics!

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Roy...

3. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

On my way home from high school on the side of the road, I see this 57 Chevy jack up with some old guy under it. Well since I had a 57 and he had a 57, I figure that I might be of some help (yea right). He was under the car pretty much like the guy in the picture removing the oil pan. I asked him what was wrong, he replied that one of the rods was knocking and that he was on a long trip to the West coast (this all happen in NH). I looked at the license plate and sure enough it was a black CA plate. So I watch him for awhile as he pulled the pan, saving the oil in some old cooking pot that he had and pulled off one of the rod caps. I asked him if he wanted me to get him a new rod bearing and he said that he would make a shim out of the tin foil from a stick of gum, it was almost the right width. I watch him as he put together, added the oil from the pot, started it up, thank me for offering to help, and took off. He didn't give my 57 hardtop a second look.

4. 51 mercules

51 mercules

There is one in Rancho Mirage, Ca that is still active with the same neon sign.