Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Dodge WC no window hardware.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henrye718, Oct 16, 2020.

1. henrye718

henrye718

Hello all,

I have a 47 Dodge W series pickup, at least from pictures this is what it looks like the data plate is missing. I have no window hardware in my doors, I'm talking not even channels... Nothing at all. How do I start with this? All universal items and make everything work that way? I am finding these trucks to be obscure as I've seen 5 different type of window OE regulators that the sellers are advertising for this truck. Its confusing like there are many sub models or the sellers just don't know what they are talking about. I am used to 60s cars where the parts are still reproduced and easy to find.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  2. is it a hot rod? 12v? if so the cheapest/ quickest way is a power window unit. you would have to make or buy some channels for either side that run parallel to each other. glass should be available, you can buy them and use that to set the channels.

3. I agree with the universal power window kit. Window channel runs will have to be made or sourced. Restoration Specialties in Penn. has a good selection of universal channel tracks or kits for many brands. Maybe search for a Dodge W series owner's club?

stillrunners likes this.
  4. henrye718

henrye718

Yes its 12 volt, I don't mind it not being stock inside the doors as long as I have working windows. I will research the universal power window idea. Thank you.

5. henrye718

henrye718

I'll check em out thanks!

6. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

I would look for a parts door,if you could find a pair of old rusty doors that had the guts in them,you would have a starting point to go from.The regulators should fit for a bunch of different years,the hardest part will be the vent windows,if you have a parts door it will give you an idea for what to look for. Harvey

7. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

DCM Classics may have what you need, they are in Michigan.

stillrunners likes this.
  8. henrye718

henrye718

I don't think mine had vent windows? There are models with and without vent window correct? I see no tell tale signs if there have ever being a divider in my doors. The rusty doors are a good idea but everyone wants $400 for the most rusted out stuff I've ever seen. Ill keep looking in the mean time that's!

9. henrye718

henrye718

First place google recommends, their online catalog is no help ill have to give them a call.

10. gene-koning

gene-koning

There are a lot of reproduction parts available for the 39-47 Dodge trucks, (Dodge used the same cab on all military trucks up through 1968 I believe) but the window stuff inside the doors will be a tough to find adventure.
    There are a few places that actually make reproduction parts. DMC Classics is one of them. www.vintagepowerwagons.com is another, you will want to look at how they classify their parts.
    www.robertsmotorparts.com is another place the repos parts. There is another military truck outfit near St Paul MN, but I can't remember their name at the moment.
    However, if everything is missing, a universal power window kit will be the cheapest and fastest way to get windows in the doors. There is a bolt in peice the window channel fits into on the latch side of the window, you will probably have to fabricate that part. Gene

warbird1 likes this.
  11. noboD

noboD

Is the guy in Minn. Gary Hebding?

12. https://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/

He is in Fairfield Iowa. Nice people, and should be a good resource for parts and knowledge.

He let me roam the boneyard, but it’s been a few years. In addition to the big military Power Wagons, had a fair number of 40s, 50s commercial and consumer trucks.

Walt
    Outsiders CC

13. noboD

noboD

I bought some parts from Gary for my military truck. I forgot where he was as far as states went. Might be a source here though.

14. gene-koning

gene-koning

Sorry, couldn't really tell you.I stumbled across the company when I was searching for an interior kit for my 39 Dodge truck. I discovered then he was producing several parts. I ended up not getting an interior kit for the 39, and several computer crashes after, and a new computer has resulted in me loosing all my old bookmarks. Gene

15. rusty valley

rusty valley

gary hebding is the halftrack guy in chicago. dave butler is vintage powerwagons in iowa, and john bizal is midwest military in minnesota, he would have dodge stuff too

16. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Bizal, is not easy to deal with, he has a lot of army stuff, I've bought quite a bit from him but not much of a people person, Vintage power wagon is the complete oposite, they are as helpful as can be and more than willing to work with you.

17. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

One more vote for https://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/
    We restored a Military M37B1 (3/4 ton Dodge pickup) Their a great source of parts, many nos and also new manufacture parts too.

18. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Not factory stock, but related via Company-ownership: Jeep. IIRC, the Comanche & wagoneer from the~90's used manual & pwr window units. Probably easy to adapt, & the device that ran the window up/down was a toothed strip of nylon. Did break for some folks, mine didn't in 200k+ miles, but system is easy to work with. Compact n lightweight.
    Marcus...

tb33anda3rd likes this.