Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Polyester primer

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mike Colemire, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Has anyone used Evercoat Feather Fill, pt # 711 primer? If so, does it fill and sand good? I used a polyester primer on a truck I done and it really done great, only problem is I forgot the name of it. I ordered it on line but can't find it in my history. I've seen some good reviews on the Evercoat, I did try Summit's and it isn't worth a crap.

2. indyjps

indyjps

Havent used evercoat # 711 fill primer. Have used 3 of their body fillers and very happy with these products.

Another one to check out or compare is southern polyurethanes high build. I like how their line carries over reducers and their epoxy can also be mixed as a sealer.
    https://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/primers

3. NAT WILLIAMS

NAT WILLIAMS

I have used Evercoat Slick Sand, high build worked well. It was a polyester primer.

4. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try, from what I see, all thereviews are positive.

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

You will probably need a polyester gun, i.e., about a 2.5 tip, to move the product. I have a Pro-Tec polyester gun with 2.5 tip. Clean well after use.

6. I use the 715. same stuff but black, No guide coat needed. Sand till dull IE all the shiny gone. STOP when you hit metal. Sometimes I will cut it it %5 with acetone just to get a better flow.

CLEAN GUN with Acetone, lacquer thinner just gums it up

7. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used featherfill g2 on my roadster. It is awesome and sands really well. Just be careful to only mix a cup full at a time. It sets up FAST like bondo and will seize up the gun quick if you are not careful. In the heat of the summer I would mix a gun cup full, spray with 2.0 tip, and quickly tear down the gun and clean it between every round. I learned the hard way that you had to be that anal about it. You will be VERY happy with how it fills and blocks though.